PDA

View Full Version : After reading through posts, I think I've decided on the Mac Quest

bethie_73
07-03-2006, 01:41 PM
for our second, travel/car stroller. That said, BRU is about an hour away and I was going to order this on-line, so I won't get to test drive it. DS will be 5m this week, but is 27in and 18lbs. he also sits on his own. DH and I are both tall 6' and over. My needs:

Lightweight
Some recline
Good sunshade - may need an aftermarket one (we live at 5000ft so really strong sun here)
small fold
will grow with DS

I don't need a big basket. And I do have a Zippy that I love, so I am a little spoiled by the one handed fold/open. Because I can't see these IRL, is there anything I am missing, or that you would recommend? Also if I buy this online (like from Albeebaby), will that void the warranty?

TIA

Momof3Labs
07-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Can you try your DS in a Mac of any kind before buying? Not all babies like the position of the Maclarens (my DS1 hated them until he was about 18 months old, and I know I've read that complaint many times here before). Even if your DS doesn't complain, be prepared for him to look slumpy in the Quest (regardless of whether he can sit on his own).

As long as you buy from an authorized Mac retailer, you'll get the warranty.

catcombs
07-05-2006, 10:45 PM
I love my Quest and my daughter who is 9 months old but about the same height and weight as your son seems very comfortable in it (she is slumpy in it but she doesn't seem to mind). I was actually suprised at how reclined it can actually get. I got mine from Albeebaby and I wouldn't hestitate to recommend them. My friend ordered a Triumph from them and it pulled to the left. She called them and explained the problem and they sent her a new one that day. That is good customer service in my opinion.