PDA

View Full Version : Airport and my Atlantico

lmwbasye
07-04-2006, 06:36 AM
The Army is moving us this week (yay!) from TX to VA and long story short I will be essentially travling for 2 weeks due to family reunion and other things going on until we get into our next house. I will be flying alone with DS on Thursday while my husband and FIL drive the cars (he he) and have decided to take my Atlantico. I have a P3 in Hip Hop and just do not want this ruined or super dirty. It washes well, but would get dirty fairly easily at the airport and I'm worried it will get something on it that I just can't get out. Also, I will be going for a ton of walks and up to my lodge in VT for the reunion where I will be walking where all the roads are not paved, so I figured the Atlantico is just my best bet.

Anyway, has anyone flown with this? I'm not sure if it will fit through the scanners. Also, what parts of the sroller should I remove (if any) before gate-checking it? Any advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Momof3Labs
07-04-2006, 07:22 AM
it will fit fine. remove the canopy and tray, and be sure to put on a luggage tag with your interim contact info on it!

nfowife
07-04-2006, 08:31 AM
I took my atlantico to FL with me a few weeks ago. However, I luggage checked it (was travelling alone and didn't want to deal with it during my layover). The first trip (going), I was counting on the airlines bagging it for me. They were out of bags! So I removed the hood and both trays and wished it luck. It actually was fine, no damage that I could find anywhere- I was lucky!
The second flight (coming home), the airlines had a bag for me. I still packed the hood and both trays, but I felt much better about it since it was bagged. No damage again this time. It's kind of a big stroller so it was just easier for me to check it with the luggage. If it won't fit through the scanner (and I don't think it will), they can hand check it for you with the hand scanner. I'd still remove all thet trays and hood though, so it's just the seat and wheels left.