PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have A Maclaren Easy Traveler Car Seat Carrier?

kelley3v
07-04-2006, 08:30 PM
I have decided that I need some sort of snap and go stroller for my Britax Companion. Between the weight of the carrier and my growing baby, I am struggling to carry it around. We have the Valco Rebel as our stroller which does not have an attachment for the Companion, plus I don't want to pull that out every time I want to go somewhere. So, does anyone have the Maclaren Easy Traveler Car Seat Carrier? It looks like it folds small and it seems to be a bit more substantial than the other snap and go strollers out there, but I have only seen it online. Plus, it's $90 and I am not sure I am willing to pay that much unless it is really superior to other brands. Any opinions would be great! Or, any suggestions for other brand would be great too!

Thanks!

MNmomtobe
07-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Here is a recent post. http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=14&topic_id=72514&mode=full
Ignore my multiple posts on this thread!
I purchased mine at a local store but I think you can get it at specialtybaby.com for about $82. I got the Maclaren Easy Traveller just about 1 1/2 weeks ago. My dd was only 3 weeks old then and she is tiny so I am hoping to get several months of use from it. I absolutely love it and so does my husband. Steering is incredible. It has a huge basket too. Takes up very little trunk space.
BTW, I had tested the Graco snugrider from a few months ago and the wheels always got stuck when folding it; then it was very difficult to unfold. Steering wasn't very good either. Maybe it was just the store model. The Maclaren folds up much smaller because of the umbrella handle. To me it was worth the extra $20-30.
However, depending on the age/weight/height of your dc, if you think you may only be using the carrier for a few more months- then I would just look for a lightweight stroller that is compatible with your Britax Companion.