PDA

View Full Version : MBUD vs.BJCSD vs. Valco Tri-Mode Twin vs. Dreamer Design Ditto

AEJ2221
07-05-2006, 07:22 PM
I posted a few days ago but got no replies. I am really stuck trying to decide between these strollers:
2005 MBUD
2006 BJCSD
Valco Tri-Mode Twin (not out until September)
Dreamer Design Ditto Manhattan Deluxe
Anyone have anything that could help me out? I am not a jogger and never will be but will walk quite often. I will have a newborn and a 15 months old. Thanks so much
AE

Ohio_Mom
07-05-2006, 08:00 PM
I personally would not get the 2005 MBUD. If you're going for the Mountain Buggy, get a 2006 because the 2005 models have been recalled for faulty handlebars, and everyone is having horrible luck getting them repaired for the recall. The 2006 models are not among the recall, so they would be safe to buy.

Just FYI!

patti_b
07-07-2006, 11:05 AM
We have the Dreamer Design Ditto and LOVE it! It's very comfortable for both our 3 year old and 8 month old. Though the wheel is fixed, it steers very easily, much more easily than our old single InStep jogger. All the pockets are great, except the ones in the seats because they are really too small to hold much of anything, certainly not a water bottle or sippy. The only thing I don't like about it, and this is minor, is that the harness is a little cumbersome to adjust, but since you don't adjust it very often, it's not a big deal. The harness may not fit a very tall child, but you can just use the waist strap and tuck the harness behind the child. When I was researching this stroller, some people complained that it's kind of cumbersome to fold, but I never fold it, so can't give feedback on that. I just park it in the living room and we only use it at home & never have taken it in the car. I couldn't find it locally to try out and ordered it sight unseen online, which made me a little nervous, but we couldn't be happier with it.

UPDATE: Sorry, I just realized you're asking about a different Ditto. Mine is the RPS 16". I see that the one you're asking about is a little different and has swivel wheels. Sorry for the confusion!

Patti

Nemesia
07-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Here's a vote for Valco as a brand (I have the Runabout Twin). Its great for walking the neighborhood, dirt trails, the zoo, you name it. The steering is great and the accessories that it comes with will save you a lot in the long run. Ours came with a sunshade, rain cover (great on cold winter days as well as rainy summer ones), the napper bar, and a pump that I have never needed to use. I haven't seen the tri mode but I'm sure its great.

JamiMac
07-09-2006, 12:49 AM
If you're going to walk mostly outdoors, especially power walk, then I would go for a standard jogger. If you're going to use it everywhere I would hands down say the MBUD. You just can't beat it!