PDA

View Full Version : Best price on a Mac Volo? Or another option?

MamaKath
07-05-2006, 10:19 PM
I am looking for a mesh Volo with a canopy, so preferably a 2005. Not pink as it is for a boy. I am kicking myself for not taking advantage of the sale Mac had last year for the '04 model with the accessory pack which would have worked perfectly!!! I hate that they are tippy, but for the small bit I need it I am going to have to live with it.

This is for amusement parks and travel. I just need to have a place to contain ds as he struggles with listening and following directions as part of his delays. He does much better with a stroller so he can push or hop a ride on, it focuses him. He is very tall (about 46 inches) and right about 40 lbs. He does okay on average days but we have trips coming up (including Williamsburg area in September).

We did a theme park the other day with a Milano. He liked riding on the "step" and half sitting. The basket was great to store a backpack and big 32 oz bottles of water for each of us. He loves the thought of the new Fisher Price stroller/wagon hybrid with his sister (it is wide though not as wide as a sbs, they both comfortably fit and I was able to pull it in the store). I also thought of a double Mac where my big one could sit if she needed a break. She needs breaks so infrequently I think that would be a waste. I wish they made a sit and stand single for older kids, lol. No seat in the front. ;-)

So if I don't get the wagon do I get a Volo? Something different?

TIA

twofallbabies
07-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey mama, Fancy seeing you here! :) I'd go with the Volo, for the times you need it for, I'd think itw ould be just as easy to find a bench and let B sit down while S is riding in the stroller. The FP wagon/stroller is REALLY neat (Link for anyone who's wondering, I had to hunt for it: http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=10&e=agproduct&pid=35970), but IMO, Mac is better than FP. I'm loving the new colors of the Volo, but the mesh was awesome too. I've been thinking about trading my Quest for a Volo one of these days. :)

MamaKath
07-12-2006, 08:42 PM
I keep talking myself out of either, especially with the swimming pool in the basement. ;-) But maybe we need to plan a shopping date to go look around. :-) The kids got dh to go look at the FP wagon the other day and I was really frustrated pulling. I much prefer pushing. Funny huh? Oh well. I have a feeling this will be another vacation with the Pliko. Although I saw the SC Micro the other day online and was thinking how that is my dream Volo- mesh seat with cover and canopy and 6 inch wheels. I hate the tiny wheels on the Volo!!!

twofallbabies
07-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah, when I was looking at the wagon/stroller, I thought I'd rather have my kids in front of me where I could see them. Could you do a Volo or similar with one of those seat 2 go or whatever they're called? I thought I saw something the other day here about how the SC umbrellas weren't as great as they had been to begin with, but it might have only been one of the models. I dunno. I'm still cruising along with my Quest and my Safari. :) I'm up for stroller shopping some weekend, just let me know. It's been forever since we got together. :)

Jessica, mama in MD to
Dillon 9/98 & Lucas 10/02

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif
Lucas finally self-weaned at 39+ months!