PDA

View Full Version : Tavel system for twins?

twodogskc
07-06-2006, 09:13 AM
We've already selected our everyday stroller for when they're older, but we're having problems finding a travel system/car seats that will work for twins. We like the Graco Snugride, but the Graco Spree (in which the Snugrides fit), doesn't have a double (at least not that I could find). Anyone find a double travel system that fits a good infant seat?

Thanks.

Momof3Labs
07-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Why not the Double Snap n Go?

twodogskc
07-06-2006, 12:04 PM
I heard that the Snap 'n Go doesn't accept Graco infant seats well. Any thoughts on that?

twodogskc
07-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I heard that the Snap 'n Go doesn't accept Graco infant seats well. Any thoughts on that?

Momof3Labs
07-06-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm 99% certain that it does. And if not, why not a different infant seat?

twodogskc
07-06-2006, 01:08 PM
If not, we will do a different infant seat. Since it was our first choice, we thought we'd see if it fits before we change our mind.

SammyeGail
07-06-2006, 02:19 PM
We used a snap-n-go with our Graco seats and they fit fine. The SNG has instructions and different bars to use with different brand seats. The seats didn't snap in as securely as they did their bases in the car, but the snapngo has a strap (goes over the seats and buckles in the middle)that ancors the seats too. I'm not the best at describing these things, but we were very happy with our snapngo. they mostly come in navy, I had to wait 2 months on a black on that was on backorder. The drawbacks: we didn't use it as long as we thought we would, we only got about 6 months use out of it; (one of our twins outgrew his seat!) the basket is a nice size and holds alot, but its a little hard to get stuff in/out once the seats are in, but I got used to working around that easy; Its a little hard to get the right bars in the right places, DH worked with it almost 2 hours, got mad and gave up. I started with it next and had it all put together in about 1/2 hour, so that does depend on the person!!

I should have said this first, but congradulations on your twins! Take very good care of yourself during the rest of your pregnancy, and the first few months can be rough, and I thought I would never say this, but I would go live them all over again. I am getting teared up thinking about it!

Sorry I wrote so much, I tend to do that!!

Samantha
Mommy to Noah and Jonas - 7 months old

SammyeGail
07-06-2006, 03:02 PM
I just saw your other post about the Graco SnugRide, I don't know if ours are SnugRides, I went and looked at them, they just say Graco on the handle. Are all Graco infant carseats Snugrides?

Sam

skipspin
07-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Graco has two infant seats available now: the snugride2 that goes to 22 lb and the Safeseat1 that goes to 30 lb. The snugride 2 will fit in the snapngo, but I'm not sure about the Safeseat1. If the safeseat does fit, that would be great for you since nearly all babies fit in the Safeseat until their first birthday.

Joy, mommy and Child Passenger Safety Technician

ColorBlue
07-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Yes it definitly takes graco seats. And I second, third, and fourth the idea of the double snap and go. Seriously its the twin mom lifesaver!

You can use it for the length they are in the infant seat and then buy the stroller you actually want later on.

Tracy

Mom to Grace my four year old and Ella and Madeline my almost two year old twins.

SammyeGail
07-08-2006, 12:55 AM
I must have the SnugRide2, I do remember it goes to 22 lbs. Now I just have to figure out the easiest way to sell these carseats and the snapngo!!

Sam

Nemesia
07-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Here's another vote for the snap-n-go. We sold ours for $55 on e-bay after using it 6.5 months. I'd say it was completely worth the $45 we ended up paying after it was sold. Actually, it was worth the $100 from day one and the resale value was just a bonus.

SammyeGail
07-12-2006, 12:37 AM
I have never sold anything on ebay, and have only bought about 5-6 things on there. I thought about listing it but was afraid I had too little activity to get any good bids. :(

Samantha