PDA

View Full Version : Zooper Twist - a few questions

pbj
07-06-2006, 12:51 PM
I don't think I'm going to be able to see this in person before I make a decision, so I thought I'd ask here...
How is the fold size-wise? How does it compare to the Mac Quest? Does it stand when folded? Is it an easy fold?
Is it tippy? I really don't like this about the Quest
Thanks!

wesleysmom
07-11-2006, 03:52 AM
I have a zooper twist so I hope I can answer at least some of your questions. Even though it is supposed to be one-handed when you fold it down, I think it still sometimes requires 2 hands for me sometimes. But it folds compactly and is pretty light. It comes with cool accessories, which is why I chose it over a mac. I can't say exactly how high it is when folded without going to the garage and measuring it, but I would say it is about 3 to 3.5 feet at least. It doesn't stand up by itself and doesn't have a shoulder strap, but I think I can rig one up with carabiners, so I'm OK with that. It is tippy if I put a heavy diaper bag on it (around the handles), but if I push the diaper bag low enough, it is less tippy. LMK if you have other questions.

wesleysmom
07-11-2006, 03:59 AM
I went to the garage to look at my twist and I would say it is about 3 feet high when folded. It is about 15 inches or so wide at the widest part b/c of the hood, but it is pretty flat. It is narrow around the back legs so that it might actually fit into a golf bag (to give you perspective) if it didn't have the hood, but the front legs might stick out of the bag b/c it wouldn't quite fit when folded. It is easy to unfold, and folding it is pretty easy too, except sometimes it requires an extra push when I need to make the latch click into place so that it doesn't unfold. Compared to my regular Graco stroller, it requires far less space in my trunk.
HTH

ehrn
07-12-2006, 07:39 PM
i have the twist and i like it but i kind of wish i had the inglesina trip, i think it's a little better made and reclines a little farther. doesn't come with any accessories though--except a cup holder.(added a valco to the twist) it is lighter than my older model chicco tuscany. my 18 month old can climb in by himself which he loves--and he seems pretty comfortable in it. i bought mine online--sight unseen--but i had seen the inglesina in a store.

Tuness
07-17-2006, 02:33 AM
I'm also looking into getting the Twist. But can't decide between that or the Waltz. Since I can't find a store that carries Zoopers, I'm going to have to buy it sight unseen. Is the seat on the Waltz more padded? The basket access and size is better on the Waltz. But the lightness of the Twist is awesome. Do you think it's worth it to get the Waltz over the Twist?

Thanks,
Tu