PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about the quinny?

bethie_73
07-06-2006, 09:32 PM
I like the Zapp because it folds super small, but DS is still pretty young, (5m) and although he sits on his own, I"m not sure if it would be a good one. We are also at high altitude and I don't know if any aftermarket sun shades fit.

Ohio_Mom
07-07-2006, 06:49 AM
I have a Zapp and absolutely love it. It's probably my favorite stroller I've had so far, and I've had a LOT of them. So I can definitely recommend it as a fine purchase.

HOWEVER, I would not want it as an only stroller since it has no recline, especially with a five month old. I use mine primarily with my two year old, but not with the baby, and only for fairly short outings. Plus, it has no storage basket (though there are some aftermarket Zapp baskets selling on ebay from the UK, but that's maybe an extra $50 when you add shipping). I don't know after aftermarket sun shades because I've always found the canopy included with the Zapp to be sufficient. But I don't use it outdoors; I have an A/T stroller for that.

So while I think the Zapp is one of the most awesome strollers I've tried, I also think for a five month old you would be disappointed in it as a do-all stroller. But as your baby gets older, you'd get more and more use out of it and would certainly appreciate it more as long as you had at least one other stroller that had recline and storage for those times when you really need it.

HTH!

hillview
07-07-2006, 07:46 AM
DS is 11 months. I LOVE the Zapp ... use it for travel and restaurants and short trips around town. The fold is the best -- can take it as CARRY ON on the plane and put it under the chair in a restaurant. The sun shade is adequate but not great -- sorry don't use an after market shade so not sure what would work. There is no recline as pp said. This isn't a deal breaker as it isn't our only stroller and DS CAN nap in it if required (it doesn't look pretty but he doesn't seem to mind). It is super light and does ok on the city bricks ... it is fabulous on sidewalks or inside.
HTH
/hillary

bethie_73
07-07-2006, 07:53 AM
It would not be our only stroller, but I would use it for travel... thus the question about the aftermarket shade.

I think it will be perfect for our needs though, thanks so much!!

cgdmom
07-07-2006, 08:12 AM
I agree with the PPs that this is a fabulous stroller. We did start using ours as our most-used (but not only) stroller when DD was about 5 months old. We used it mostly for errands, shopping, hanging out at Starbucks, etc., not long walks. In the beginning, she slouched a bit, but it did not seem to bother her (and she is not a big stroller napper, although she was able to nap in the Zapp). Just thought you might want some reassurance that it is OK for a 5 month old.

Ohio_Mom
07-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Ah, well in that case, DEFINITELY go for the Zapp! As a travel stroller it's wonderful since it folds so small and even comes with its own travel bag. Plus the fact that it can fit in the overhead compartment as a carry-on for air travel is fantastic, especially after all the horror stories I've heard about stroller damage when gate checking lately. So yes, I think it would be a great choice for you!

Good luck!

GroversMom
07-07-2006, 02:01 PM
I got one for DS when he was 4 mos (he was sitting) because Virgin broke our stroller on our way to England and we needed a new stroller. I love the Zapp for travel. We keep in the car and mostly use it when we fly or if we go to the mall. It is a great travel stroller and I love the maneuverability.

strollerqueen
07-08-2006, 01:28 AM
How about the Valco Buggster? Similar to the Zapp, but with a recline and basket. They just started shipping them out. One girl has pics of hers on Strollerswap.

bethie_73
07-11-2006, 10:44 PM
I ordered it from Safety Superstore (I looked at old posts, thanks to the ladies who posted where to get it) So far they have been VERY helpful (I had to call with questions and I needed faster shipping). I am very excited to get it, just in time for my first summer trip :)

Thanks for all the help and I will def. post my review after my trip.

lukesmom1
07-12-2006, 10:08 AM
I've had a Zapp since I purchased it in Sept of 2005 while I was in Ireland. I love it! I have a big 3 yr old, and it was perfect for him. He was comfortable (he never uses the recline feature in a stroller). It has a compact fold---the best I've seen so far. The only negative is the lack of a storage basket. That's a problem for me. I went to the Quinny website once but did not find a basket as a separate accessory I could purchase. I ended up buying these stroller clips that I attached to the back of the stroller to hold my diaper and/or shopping bag---of course, never too heavy because the stroller can tip back. The color selection is great. I have a lively orange that is a welcome break from all the navy here. Overall, it is a great stroller for travelling and brief outings with very young children. For older kids, it's great all around.

bethie_73
07-14-2006, 04:29 PM
anyone who is curious, I got it from Babyproofingplus.com and got stellar service!!

So far I really like it, I wish the sun canopy was bigger (living at 5000 ft and 100 degree heat), but I knew it was small when I got it and its only an issue in the middle of the day. It has a 5 point harness, and has been easy to open and close so far.

So as I said I will post my review on the review board when I get back, but I just wanted to let anyone know if you are looking for something in Canada that needs shipment to the USA, babyproofingplus.com was great.