PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren stroller dilemma: Triumph or Quest?

gigoteuse
07-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi!

I need help deciding on a Maclaren stroller. This will be stroller number 3, so I'd like to get it right. I have a Peg Perego Atlantico and a Zooper Jazz and I really love both but they take too much space in my trunk! I would like a stroller that leaves enough room in the trunk for luggage when I'm travelling (my car is a Honda Civic Hybrid and the trunk is small) and that I could take on an airplane as well. I will use it for walking around town, shopping at the mall, the zoo etc, places pretty smooth. My daughter is now 15 months old. I have tried the Maclaren Triumph at BRU but they didn't have the Quest, so I won't get to try it since I'm planning to buy over the internet.
Which one would be best Triumph 2006 or Quest sport 2005? The website I have found has a very small difference in price so I can't use that to decide.
Thanks a lot!

sarahsthreads
07-07-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm really happy with our Triumph, but I've heard that the Quest has an adjustable footrest and possibly better recline. I also bought mine online and didn't find a Quest IRL to try out. We've used our Triumph for three-ish months (so DD was about 17 months when we got it) and haven't had any problems. The only quibble I have with it is that the straps, at their tightest, are still really loose on my skinny munchkin. She can get her arms out of the shoulder straps very easily. But she can't squirm out of the rest of the harness and we're not that worried about 5-point vs. 3-point at her age anyway.

Good luck!
Sarah :)

Momof3Labs
07-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Quest for the adjustable footrest.

heatherlynn
07-08-2006, 07:27 AM
I think you'd be fine w/ either one. Does your DD use footrests? If so, then go for a Quest. I know some people say that ext. footrests are a "necessity" but my DS hates them and has from very young!
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

dhano923
07-09-2006, 12:40 AM
My son was more comfortable in the Triumph than the Quest, so that's what we bought. It's our travel/quick errand stroller. My son never uses the footrests on any of our strollers so the adjustable footrest on the Quest wasn't a deciding factor for us.

firsttimemommy
07-11-2006, 07:28 AM
Quest hands down. Roomier seat, better recline mechanism (although I dont love it, it's better), footrest (esp for 15 mo old - you will use it for awhile longer).

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."