PDA

View Full Version : inglesina swift vs mac quest vs chicco tuscany

borisje
07-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Hi, I've been looking for a good umbrella stroller for my 14 month old. We have a bumbleride for long walks, but need something lighter and more compact for trips. I have narrowed down my search to the above three. I liked the Mac, but it's pricey and the wheels seemed rather small. I'm leaning towards the Inglesina (2005), but haven't been able to try it out. People seem happy with their Tuscanys, but again, I can't find that in any stores around here either. I would really appreciate any input! Thanks.

vic74
07-10-2006, 12:43 AM
I have an Inglesina Swift, and I really like it. I bought my stroller about a year ago for my then almost 2 year old. It steers great, has a good recline, decent basket. I looked at the Quest too, but I couldn't see spending almost twice as much for a similar stroller. The Quest does have the extendable leg rests, but I didn't need them. I didn't really look at any Chicco strollers because I believe the weight limit on their strollers is lower. I wanted a stroller that would allow at least 45 lbs. The Swift is rated to 45 lbs and I believe the Quest is 55 lbs. I also liked that the Swift had larger wheels.

I use my Swift for both my 9 month old and my almost 3 year old. It works great for both of them. My older daughter is getting taller, but she can still fit in it fine.

I wasn't able to try out the Swift in real life before I purchased it because no one around here carries Inglesina strollers. I've been happy with it. Let me know if you have any questions.

borisje
07-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi, thanks so much for your reply. I do have a couple of more questions: is the Swift good for tall people (I'm 5''10)? At what age would you need the extendable leg rests?

Thanks again,
Odette

vic74
07-10-2006, 04:23 PM
I think the Swift is good for tall people. I am only 5'4", but my husband is 6'1" and has no problems pushing it. The handles are about the same height as the Quest's. A lot of people think that extendable leg rests are needed for younger babies especially when they are napping in the stroller. It just keeps their feet from dangling over the edge. However, I have never had them, and have never missed them. My 9 month old is just fine without them.

HTH

elisap4406
07-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the reviews. I am looking at getting an umbrella stroller for my three month old to use as the main stroller. We have an older Peg Perego Pliko that I got from a friend, but I hate lugging it around, so it is nice to see that I have two nice options to look at. Do they carry the Inglesina at Babies R Us? I don't recall seeing it there.

Annie (mom to Elisa, 3 mos.)

vic74
07-12-2006, 09:33 AM
My Babies R Us doesn't carry Inglesina strollers. I don't know if it depends on the store or if they all don't carry them. I guess that's not much help is it! Sorry!

thing1andt2
07-14-2006, 11:31 AM
My Best friend has a swift and I have a quest. Hands down the Quest is superior. Even she has commented on how much nicer it is to push, especially one handed. The Quest recline is a wee bit more and the leg rests for some are a big deal. My kids always used them, espeically when they were small, because the end of the seat wasn't at their knees so they would be sticking up and uncomfortable. The 2005 Quests are being clearanced out all over the place for $129 and $139. For the extra $30, I think it is well worth it!

Sopamanda
07-14-2006, 01:53 PM
I can speak to the Swift. I just bought one from Great Beginnings. I used a coupon code, I think it was gbbaby and I think it came to around $90 shipped. I'm very happy with it, although I've found myself kicking the wheels (I'm 5'2). Steers great, but I'm coming from a Graco Metrolite.
Still, very pleased with the purchase.

borisje
07-24-2006, 01:02 PM
I ended up getting a 2005 swift (I liked the colors better than the 2006) and my baby loves it! It pushes well (not quite as good as my all terrain rocket, but still) and my baby is really comfortable in it. Thanks for your advice!

my3fallkiddos
07-24-2006, 01:32 PM
I've owned a Swift and a Quest and while I think the Quest is superior in handling, I am SO TIRED of my Quest flippibng backwards anytime I take one of my kids out and my diaper bag is still on the handle. The Swift never did that!

That said, I love my Quest (especially the self-locking mechanism!)!