PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Zippy System or Liberty

sm42978
07-10-2006, 12:55 AM
I am due in 20 days and need to make a stroller decision. I've been researching everyday walking strollers and can't decide between the Inglesina Zippy System or the Liberty. I like that they both have the carrycots for newborns. Liberty gets great reviews from Strollerqueen but I think it is from '05. I know Zippy added the snack tray and cupholder for '06. Inglesina's website does not say a lot about Liberty. Is there even an '06 Liberty or is the '06 Zippy System replacing it? Any thoughts on which is better? Who knew choosing a stroller would be such a production!
Thanks in advance,
Stephanie

strollerqueen
07-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Hi Stephanie,

Congrats! The Liberty was the seat and bassinette combo. It was discontinued. The Magnum is just the seat, without the bassinette. With either, you choose your chassis.

http://www.inglesina.com/us/products/details.php?sectionid=26&itemid=198&pathtype=sectiontree

sm42978
07-10-2006, 10:42 AM
I had not even looked at the Magnum until now. Is the Zippy System a seat and bassinet like the Liberty was? Or is it a 2 in 1 like the Magnum? Any preferences ?
Thanks for your help!
Stephanie

HannaAddict
07-11-2006, 04:55 PM
The Zippy comes as a stand alone stroller, but one that fully reclines so okay for a newborn. You can add a bassinet though for around $150 or sometimes less. I've seen new Zippy bassinets at strollerdepot.com for as low as $129, free shipping. The Zippy will also work with a Graco Snugride for quick trips.

Kimberly

amrossi516
07-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Stephanie,

Will post this separately, too, but thought I'd mention it here, too. I just bought a 2005 1/2 Zippy (arrived today, in fact) and the only feature difference btwn it and the 2006 is it doesn't have the snack tray (apparently it can be bought separately and snaps right on, though). Got it from AlbeeBaby (specialtybaby.com) for $250.00 out the door, no tax, no shipping cost (via UPS ground). Ordered it on July 3rd, and considering the holiday in there I think it arrived very quickly and in great shape. They only have it in red/navy/grey combo, but it's a pretty good deal if you don't have your heart set on another color.

Good luck!
Alison