PDA

View Full Version : BJ City Series Single - 2005 vs. 2006

Becks
07-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Hello,

Does anyone know what, if any, the differences are between the Baby Jogger City Series Single 2005 model vs. the 2006 model?! I am ready to buy one! I already have the Double, I think it's a 05 model.

Thanks!

Susann
07-15-2006, 01:28 PM
I think I saw somewhere pics on the new features. The two things that were different were the canopy and the recline mechanism.
In the new version the canopy comes off the backrest so that you can move it lower down like on infant carseats. If you know what I mean.
The recline mechanism is now a drawstring i.e one-handed. It used to be like on MB's where you loosen the strap on each side of the backrest.

Susann

Becks
07-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Thank you so much for your post....just yesterday I received a reply email from Baby Jogger (I asked them the same question before I saw your reply), and she said there is NO difference, except they are offering new colors. I ordered the 2005 based on her response, so I will be upset if they did update the recline mechanism, as it's my ONLY complaint w/ my BJCSD!! I will investigate further....THANK YOU!

baby
07-30-2006, 12:07 PM
I noticed you mentioned you have the 2005 BJCSD. I am contemplating wheather to buy a used 2005 off ebay. Can you tell me the differences between the 2005 vs. the 2006. I know you mentioned something about the recline. Can you explain the recline mechanism and just how bothersome is it?

Becks
07-30-2006, 01:52 PM
According to Baby Jogger, there is no difference between their 05 line and 06 line, other than color. The recline mechanism is such that you have to loosen straps to your desired position (straps similar to what you usually find on high chairs). I was used to the Peg Perego P3 stroller and just being able to lift that little handle and recline - it was so easy it could be done w/ one hand in one second. WIth the BJ, you need to get behind the stroller and crouch down and do it that way. Somebody said you can do it with one hand, but I don't see how; maybe the straps need to be "broken in"?!?! Having said that, it is my ONLY complaint with the BJ, I otherwise love them - they handle great, fold amazingly easy, and looks good too. The basket is small, but there are storage pockets on the back of the seat. And, I bought the BOB console holder for the handlebar, it works great. Hope this helps!