PDA

View Full Version : Need final nudge-E3 w/ toddler seat vs. BJCSD?

andie16
07-11-2006, 02:47 PM
DD will be 3 in Sept and is on the smaller side (about 28-30 pounds, not sure how tall) and DS was just born last week. I am planning to mainly use the stroller for walks in our neigborhood which has somewhat bumpy sidewalks, but also for occasionally going to the mall, zoo, etc. (will be only double).

I have gone back and forth between these two strollers and also between not getting a double at all. I do really like to walk and it is my main form of exercise though so I think (hope) it will be something that is used with some frequency.

Right now I am leaning towards the e3 because I feel like that even if I don't use it as a double for long I can at least use it as a nice AT single to complement my Zippy (which is my only stroller that I've used the whole time with DD). Last week it was the BJCSD, although, to be honest, I can't really remember what my reasoning was at the time.

I am cross-eyed from reading so many posts and now sleep deprivation has been added to the mix making it even harder for me to decide.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks so much.

andie16
07-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Anyone? I can't see either of these strollers in person so am really relying on all the information I've read/am reading here.

Thank you.

anuta
07-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Andrea,

will you be a SAHM or work? If first, then I think you will need a double. About E3 - your older child might not like the toddler seat, you have to try it out in person. My sister with a 2-yr old a newborn tried it out in the store, and her daughter hated it.

andie16
07-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks. I'll be staying at home. I would love to try either or both of these strollers, but they are not carried anywhere near where I live-that's the main reason why I haven't already ordered one. Now that the baby is here I'm impatient and am ready to make a decision-just want to make sure it's the right one.

leeza
07-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Andrea,

Good luck with your decision. I looked at a lot of options, and remember being cross-eyed even without sleep deprivation! I got my e3 yesterday, and am thrilled. Super easy to put together out of the box, wonderful ride, and it's cute, too ;) I decided the flexibility of the e3 to go from single to double in a heartbeat was the right way to go for us.

The negatives? I can't believe they don't have a latch or strap to keep it collapsed. I don't like the hand-me-down PP Pliko that I've been using at all, but I'm not sure if I'll try to buy straps and jerry-rig something so we can take it on a plane in a month, or take the old stroller. It's heavy, but the weight with the doubles kit is still lighter than many doubles. It needs an add-on sun shade and I'll also get a drink holder for the adults.

These were all things I knew before buying, thanks to posts from this site and others. I decided to buy it despite these shortcomings, and am thrilled with my decision. I have just one child, with another (knock on wood,) on the way, so I haven't had issues with a child hating a stroller. I guess I always figured they'd get used to whatever you put them in, but given others' experiences on the board, I guess that's wishful thinking.

I did find a discount code on this board that I used to buy mine, which was for 15% off, and the store offered free shipping and no tax. Altogether, that ended up being over 20% off of a stroller that I haven't otherwise seen on sale.

Whatever you go with, good luck.

Leeza
DS is 13 mos, 6 weeks pregnant.

andie16
07-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks so much for your review. I think I'm going to go ahead and order it this afternoon using the code you talked about.

Congratulations on your pregnancy-I hope it is uneventful and that both your babes love their fancy stroller!