PDA

View Full Version : Valco cupholder and Maclaren strollers? Are these compatible?

MNmomtobe
07-12-2006, 12:21 AM
I have a Maclaren Easy Traveller which is the Mac version of a snap n go. The frame is like the Techno. I recently purchased a Valco cupholder since the one that came with the Traveller is so small, it's almost unusable. The Valco doesn't seem to tighten enough on the frame and when I put it on one of the handles, it is crooked. If anyone has a Techno or other Maclaren stroller and the Valco post a picture, that would be so helpful. TIA!

Susann
07-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Did you put it on the foampart? That's what I did and it was a perfect fit. I mounted it so that the cupholder was between the handles instead of sticking out on the side making the stroller wider.

Susann

MNmomtobe
07-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Yes I tried it on one of the handles also. It causes the cupholder to tip. I guess this would be okay for bottled drinks.

Susann
07-14-2006, 11:53 PM
You have endless amount of angles you can turn it. You just press the button and make it staight. I try to attach a pic.

Susann

MarieBunny
07-15-2006, 12:29 PM
I don't have a Mac but I have a Silver Cross Mini which is very similar. I love the Valco cupholder on it! I admit it was a little tricky to install but once I did, I haven't had to remove it yet. It will adapt and turn to any angle that you want it to be in. And it literally does fit any size bottle or cup. It does not interfere with the fold of the stroller if you put it on the upper outside bar of the stroller. HTH! I will try to post a pic if I can find some time.

MNmomtobe
07-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks. The pictures really helped. I did put the cupholder on the right handlebar where you did on yours. The cupholder doesn't fit very tightly though but I think that is how it is supposed to fit. Thanks again. :)

shilo
07-16-2006, 01:43 AM
you can also add a piece of that pipe insulation foam you can get at hardware stores if you want it lower down on the metal upright. the pipe insulation will take up the extra space.

hth, lori

Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.