PDA

View Full Version : Need help: Waltz, Hula, or Espresso? No store has them to see!

JenMama
07-13-2006, 03:55 PM
I am looking for a stroller that will meet some peculiar needs. I am going to be in and out of the car quite a bit, so nothing too heavy. I also plan to be walking my baby on many various surfaces (roads and sidewalks, the condition of which I cannot predict, and possibly some areas without sidewalks, so it needs to be able to travel reasonably well over short distances of grass). I want an easy-to-access basket, though it doesn't need to hold much more than my diaper bag. I also live in Florida, so sun protection/covering is very important, as is fabric that won't make my baby sweat to death. Car-seat compatability is not a must, though it would be nice.

Based on my on-line research (and ruling out any models that I CAN find in stores), I've narrowed it down to the Zooper Waltz, the Zooper Hula, and the 2006 Inglesina Espresso. Problem is, no matter who says they have the strollers on-line, NONE of them have it in stores to look at!

I can quickly rule out the Espresso if someone can confirm that the 2006 model does not go to a full upright position. Someone said they fixed all the previous problems with the new 2006 model (like the old skimpy canopy), but I haven't found anyone who can confirm if they fixed this specific problem. So, anyone with a Waltz, Hula, or 2006 Espresso, please help!!

nfowife
07-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Of those 3, I would go with the waltz. I am 99% sure that the espresso does NOT go upright (neither does the zippy, just the way they are). I had the swing, which was a predecessor to the hula and it was nice. However, the canopy stinks. The waltz canopy goes all the way down and they've added the adjustable legrest to the 2006 models making them very similar in features. Only differences seem to be that the waltz has the single handlebar as opposed to the umbrella handles (which I actually prefer), and the waltz has one set of wheels in the back as opposed to the hula's double wheels. Overall, I would go with the waltz out of those 3. I believe they are on sale at tinyride.com as well (where I originally bought my swing last year).

Joolsplus2
07-14-2006, 08:52 AM
The Combi All Weather from www.babycatalog.com (mismarked at 99, should be 199) has a great canopy, takes the connection car seat, has biggish wheels, tall handle for taller moms (no wheel kicking and i'm 5'7), and folds small and light, basket big enough for a diapees and wipees bag. I got it for travel and was absolutely thrilled with it.
Anyway, just an idea...I wouldn't consider any other combi, but this one with the extra tall handle was totally terrific for us (it includes the boot and parent cupholders and rain shield and all the goodies, but babycatalog doesn't show them all).

Hope you can find the others to try out, though! Good luck!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

seeks1
07-14-2006, 09:02 AM
I have the Waltz and really like it. All the extras that come with it are great and since you can order it from Target if you don't like it, it is really easy to return to a store.

As for going across all those different surfaces I think it will be okay. It does have suspension and lockable front wheels. I usually just use mine around the mall etc becuase I have a Boogie for neighborhood walks and other rough surfaces.