PDA

View Full Version : Reviews for Zooper Hula?

mamar
07-15-2006, 10:23 PM
My DD is finally here and adoring her Milano XL. Thanks for the recommendation, StrollerQueen. It does stick on cracks but I love it with all my heart!

Now we need a carseat-acommodating stroller for several upcoming air trips. If there's been a review of the Zooper Hula, could someone point me to it? I couldn't find one.

Thanks!

R.

anuta
07-15-2006, 11:17 PM
R.,

Zooper Hula used to be called Swing last year, and Z-street a few years before that. Search for reviews on those.

i have a Z-street since 2004, and I am very happy with it. I am now using it for my second child.

mamar
07-16-2006, 02:13 AM
Thanks, anuta.

Can you tell me, would you describe it as a one-hand fold?

nfowife
07-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Hi, I had a swing and was fairly happy with it. It was a 2005 model, so just last year's. However, as my baby got older I started noticing lots of little things it didn't have and ended up selling it. I would go for the P3 over the hula, just for the snack tray and much better canopy. The hula has no tray (just the bumper bar) and the canopy is a joke. And it is most definitely NOT a one handed fold. If you really want a zooper, the waltz is a better choice in my opinion because it does have the improved canopy, although it has a book fold as opposed to an umbrella fold.

mamar
07-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks, Margaret.

My problem is that I love the P3/zippy/Chicco C3 type of stroller but we need a really tight fold, like a Maclaren would have, because we're carting around so much stuff when we travel. I was hoping the Hula would fit the bill, otherwise I'm back to looking at the Global. Or possibly the Britax, I suppose...

DH has promised to come stroller-shopping with me one last time. I'll post a Hula review if it's in the store.

nfowife
07-16-2006, 12:45 PM
I can't see how the hula would have a smaller fold than the P3- both have an umbrella fold and the hula is just as full-featured and heavy and large as a P3, really. I think the global might even have a similar sized fold- all are full featured umbrellas. I've heard not great things about the britax, so I wouldn't go with one of those at all. If your baby is old enough, maybe a quest would be okay for travelling, but you would need at least a 4 month old to use that one comfortably.

mamar
07-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Oh dear.

She's 5.5 months, so definitely old enough for a reclining umbrella stroller, but it would be so useful to be able to stick the carseat on something. I've seen a SnugRide bungee'd into a Chicco Caddy, but I think I'm afraid to do that. Travelling with a stroller that WON'T take a carseat has just been brutal in the past.

I do have an old Combi that might work, but I want a one-handed umbrella fold.

Well, if it's not out there it's not out there. What can you do. Maybe I'll let DH take his pick of one-handed folds among the lighter strollers and just suck it up with the carseat.

EDIT: BUT THANK YOU! I really do appreciate the feedback.

daniele_ut
07-16-2006, 06:48 PM
I looked at the Swing, the P3 and the Techno when I was stroller shopping 2 years ago, and I definitely remember the fold on the Swing being more compact than the P3. We ultimately went with the 2004 Techno, but I occasionally did wish for the option of being able to plop the carseat into the stroller. We have a 2005 P3 now too, and I really think it is much more bulky than the Techno when folded. It also seems heavier, though I don't really think it is.

anuta
07-17-2006, 12:54 PM
I have a Z-street, and my sister has a P3. My stroller is definitely noticably smaller folded than hers!

pampamz
07-17-2006, 07:43 PM
I have a 2005 Swing (in Brown -- I love love love the fabric).

I can do a one-handed open and close with my Swing while holding DD. It is not a beautiful and fluid sight >> one-handed involves a lot of shaking the thing out to open it. However, getting it out of and into the trunk one-handed is hard -- it is a heavier umbrella stroller. Compact but heavy -- be warned!

I did enjoy the carseat adapter feature with it, though did not use it as often as I thought.

mamar
07-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Well, turns out DH says that this stroller is HIS stroller and he wants a Maclaren. I was hoping we could find a store that has Zoopers in stock so that he could be convinced otherwise, but I can't. Oh well, guess he'll have to carry the carseat himself!

We're going shopping tomorrow. I'm kind of excited even though I'm pretty sure we'll wind up with a Quest in a boring color.