PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for good Umbrella Stroller for short parents

aahuja
07-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Hi All

I have a 9 month old boy. We have a graco metrolite stroiller right now. But, are looking for a smaller, more convenient umbrella stroller for regular use. I looked thru several threads of stroller messages, but did not get what I was looking for. So, have to ask your expert opinion again...

* Will someone please recommend a good umbrella stroller that is lightweight, but durable and below $100 (preferably)?

* One more factor in choosing a stroller for us is that I am short.

* We just picked a CHICCO CAPRI from BRU today and was reading the reviews on baby bargains. People seem to think its not a one-hand fold and is therefore, hard to use :(. Also, a decent basket would be a plus. I did not like the volo much for the way the fabric is... Just did not look too appealing (sorry, volo lovers).

* Is a 5-point harness required for a 9 month old? When did you all switch to a 3-point harness?

Any pointers on this would be helpful....
Anu

shilo
07-16-2006, 01:38 AM
i'm short (5' and 1/2") and do ok with a mac quest. it is probably 'ideal' for someone a few inches taller, but i've walked a couple miles with it a few times and all over boston on a recent trip and was never uncomfortable pushing it. you can get a 2005 quest on albeebaby.com for $139 (sorry, i know it's higher than your limit).

i also 'test drove' several other lightweight umbrella strollers when i was looking (you can search for the threads about my quest for the perfect travel stroller). i didn't like it quite as much as the quest, but i think the inglesina swift is pretty comprable in a lot of ways and a lot of people like it. you can get those for under $100 right now on albeebaby. for even less, i was really impressed by the combi cosmo, but wouldn't have wanted to push it longer distances (like we often do when traveling) because it was a much 'heavier' push and didn't steer as easily. if you are looking for a quick errand stroller tho, this might be ideal.

DS is 14 mos and i'm still using a 5 point at all times. he's an active one and can even houdini himself out of the 5 point, let alone a 3 point.

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.