PDA

View Full Version : I can get an umbrella stroller, what should I consider

niccig
07-16-2006, 04:01 PM
DS is 18m, but a small kiddo, under 15% for height and weight. We have an MBUS, love it, but we use a Peg Aria for in and out of the car. I'm going to sell that, and replace it with an umbrella stroller. It will be used for travel and in/out of car. Longer trips, museum/zoo etc with always be in the MBUS. Some features I would want are:

* small fold/lightweight. We're going to Mexico next year and with all our diving gear then travelling via plane, taxi, ferry and taxi again, it needs to be smallish

* good steering, different terrains. I know it's not an MBUS, but it would be good to have something that can handle a few more bumps when we travel

* recline. DS doens't nap much in the stroller as most trips are quick errands, but I would like to have this for the times we are out longer

* good canopy. I'm very paranoid about sun protection. I currently use a protect-a-bub - works great on the MBUS, but not so good on the Aria, will use this or another shade on the umbrella stroller if out for long periods of time, but for quick in/outs, I just need a decent canopy...the aria is non-existent

* I will be looking to buy previous year's models to save on the price. I could go for $130-$150.

I've got some time to look, as I really don't need anything until our trip in April 2007, but the sooner the better in my opinion. I also want to test drive as many as possible. Any suggestions for where to do this in Los Angeles.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm excited to do this, I've been wanting to ditch the Aria the last few months, but couldn't justify it until now.

Nicci

ETA I've been reading about either a Mac Quest, an Ingelesina Trip or Swift, or a Zooper Twist. Any opinions? Anythign else to consider?

ETA 2 - how about a combi cosmo DX or a Mac Volo if I can do without the recline?