PDA

View Full Version : any recommendations?

my3sons
07-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Hello! I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. My other 2 are both stroller graduates so it's time to find a new one (not that I'm complaining! ;) ). I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of strollers I ought to check out. Here is my wish list...

-my husband and I are both tall (he's 6'5" so real tall!) so I'd like something comfortable for tall parents to push
-flat recline suitable for an infant. With my older son's soccer, pee wee football and karate stuff, plus walks, mall trips and other outings I think this baby will be in it a lot so while an infant car seat adapter would be nice, full recline is more important to me.
-to be used inside, on sidewalks (decent ones, not too bumpy) and occasionally on grass to get to the soccer field etc (not a long walk in grass) so an AT stroller is not a requirement. I do still have a Baby Jogger from when my youngest was still a rider so I have that for the times I may need an AT.
-I drive a Grand Caravan. So not too huge a fold but it doesn't need to be an umbrella either.
-great steering
-a reversible handle or seat would be nice but isn't an absolute must. I had a Venezia before and thought it was OK but I'd prefer something with bigger wheels so it would have a smoother ride. I really liked the reversible handle option on it though.
-a decent basket. I don't intend to put a ton in it and will probably by a Skip-Hop type diaper bag that will attach to the stroller.
-not too heavy. Again, doesn't have to be feather light, just not a total bear to move in and out of the van either. I'd rather have heavier and well made than light and flimsy if that makes sense!
-napper bar or tray that is detachable so when baby is older he can get in and out himself if we take the stroller somewhere like the zoo or something.
-good canopy/hood. I'm OK with buying a Ray Shade or Protect-a-bub thing if I need to for times we'll be in the sun a lot but it would be nice if the stroller had a decent shade to begin with.

I know there may not be one perfect fit stroller for all of that, but those are my wishes. :) I don't have to buy something new, if there was something older out there that I should keep an eye out for, I'm OK with that too. One of my cousins was stationed in Germany for a while and he andhis wife came home with a stroller they bought there that was the easiest thing to push I've ever seen! I can't remember the name of it but it had a reversible handle, flat recline and all that. It wasn't really light weight and had a bigger fold but it was still a great stroller! I would have loved something like that but I can't remember what the name was.

Some of the ones I've considered are the Rock Star Baby (can it be folded with the basinett attached or does it have to be removed?), a Bumbleride Flyer and a Combi Ithru. The Ithru is the only one I've seen in person. DH said it was OK but he'd rather have something with a taller handle. It seemed like the seat might be small on a child as they get older though. Loved how padded it was though!

So is there something I should be considering? Any suggestions?

Thank you so much!

Lauren