PDA

View Full Version : Need help from lovers of the C1, P3 and strollers like these

confusednewbie
07-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi there,
My husband and I went to BRU to start our registry and top of my list were the KeyFit and C1 from Chicco based on various recommendations I've seen here and other sites.
Anyway, I go to scan the C1 and my husband says I don't want that stroller, there's no tray or cupholder for us.
I look at him like he's crazy, and then think to myself that he's right. We ended up scanning the Cortina travel system by Chicco instead.

My first question is what is the draw to the C1's and P3's and all the comparable others without the cupholder/tray?? This is our first time around this block, and I thought I'd ask what you guys know that we don't- such as maybe there's a seperate attachment for this option??

Second question is am I going to regret that Cortina stroller?

Thanks
Michelle

seeks1
07-19-2006, 02:50 PM
People like the C1's and P3's because they fold smaller and are more manuverable and better for long term use than the bigger strollers but are good for newborns. You can buy add on cup holders etc and a lot of them have pockets to put cell phones, keys etc on the back of the hood. As for a tray, you can even get something that adds on. Check out www.carryyou.com for add on cupholders and kid trays. People sacrifice those for a better long term stroller.

I really wanted the C1 but I kicked the wheels. I was going to get the P3 but I had all these gift cards for Target and I had already bought 3 wheel all-terrain Boogie made by Zooper and I really liked it so I decided to get a Zooper Waltz because I could get it at Target. It isn't an umbrella fold but is smaller than the Cortina. It has a great pocket in the hood where I put my wallet, keys and phone and it has a mesh thing that hangs on it that holds a small cup or water bottle. I worried I would want the tray and cupholder and I don't miss it at all. I love my Waltz plus it is cheaper so later I won't feel so bad when I buy nice umbrella stroller so we have one in each car since DH has DS a lot by himself. Plus my Keyfit sits down in it no problem.

OK, I rambled but here is my advice. I started wanting the Cortina, then the C1, then was going to get the P3, then settled on just getting the Waltz and I am so happy with it. So look around some more and try a few out. You might be just perfectly happy with the Cortina but some features you might decide you just don't need.

Momof3Labs
07-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Ask him if he'd buy a car based solely on the presence/absence of cupholders. Maybe he would, but most of us probably won't. My point is that the cupholder/tray is such a minor thing and there are so many ways to adapt - pockets, hands, add-on cupholders, diaper bags like the Skip Hop (a large pop or bottle of water fits great in the front pockets), etc.

The question really is, what do you need in a stroller in terms of size, weight, wheels, handling, fold, etc. I think that both the C1 and P3 are great strollers (I have a P3, and have the predecessor to the C1) and would serve most needs for many, many people.

confusednewbie
07-19-2006, 04:49 PM
LOL! I don't know about that, but he did kick and touch all the tires of all the strollers we looked at.
We don't know what our needs are really yet, baby's due in November, it's just that type of stroller is what we're both used to with other kids we've been around.
It is a nice feature to be able to have someplace to put my coffee or drink at the mall or whatever, but thank you seeks1 for pointing me to where to get attachments like that.

We didn't really play with either stroller, just went with the cortina because our BRU didn't have the keyfit seperately, just as a travel system.

Anyhoo- guess when we go back I'll play with them and then ask BRU about getting the keyfit seperately if we decide we like the C1 better.

Michelle

strollerqueen
07-20-2006, 02:02 AM
I've had both. The Cortina is definitely a bigger fold, and has a shorter seatback. It's not a bad stroller, certainly better than most for a little baby. The C1 is better for the long term, especially since it has rear footsteps for another rider. The C1 is a better quality stroller, too. It is made in Italy, whereas the Cortina is made in China. It has adjustable suspension, and rotating handles so you can find the position that is most comfortable for you--including one-handed. Oh, and the C1 DOES have an adult drink holder on the side, as well as a child snack tray. And it has THE cutest feature--an umbrella holder on the back! It also comes with a raincover. I love love love this stroller! It just has everything going for it. I have pics and reviews of it on my website.

cynsteele
07-20-2006, 10:10 PM
I have a P3 and it does have a cupholder that works fine for me. Some people don't like it and get one like this: http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro/baby/15028/StrollrHoldrII.html

I've found that it works great for me.

I have a Skip Hop Dash that I hang from the handles, and I have no idea what I would use a tray for. I've never even thought about it until now - what is a tray for?

To answer your question, the reason I love the P3:
- lightweight
- folds small, handle on side, easy to lift in/out of car with one hand
- very plush and comfortable for the baby
- flat recline for a newborn, we mostly used the stroller itself rather than the carseat, but
- it was able to handle a Graco Snugride that popped on the top for when I wanted to use a carseat with it for quicker errands and not waking her
- one-handed steering - very handy!
- steers and handles very well, easy to maneuver in crowds and stores
- big canopy, now that she is not in the flat recline the canopy can cover the seating area completely
- floating harness will become more of an asset as she gets older
- tray & cupholder for the baby for when she gets older, right now she likes to put her feet up on it!

My mom loved mine so much and saw how comfy she was in it that she got the same one for her house.

Cynthia
Sabrina 2-8-06

confusednewbie
07-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Well now I want the C1. I'll go for anything that will make my money go farther.
I wonder why BRU doesn't have the key fit seperately though. Not even online, they only have it with the Cortina as a travel system.

Thanks ladies!
michelle

seeks1
07-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Probably because the colors they carry are specific to them. I haven't seen the Sahara or Blackberry anywhere else. Target as well as a lot of other retailers sell the car seat seperately. I got mine from Target. Just a suggestion but I registered at both Target and BRU. A lot of people are closer than one or the other.

ETA: I just looked on-line and they do have the Ket Fit seperately, just not in the two BRU specific colors.

mint_chocolatechip
08-07-2006, 10:44 PM
I was looking at the C1, P3 and Zippy and have finally decided on the P3-- I thought the C1 would be my first choice, given the compact fold and the fact that it takes the Keyfit infant carseat-- but when I tried the C1 at the store I hated it! It was so heavy and so difficult to fold compared to the others. The P3 will work well with the Keyfit carseat (we tried it in the store and it was very secure), and you can buy the carseat separately at Buy Buy Baby and online at several of the recommended baby sites (I don't have my list with me right now.)
If I hadn't been sure that I wanted the compact, umbrella-type fold, I probably would have gone with the Cortina over the C1-- because it's lighter weight, has a bigger basket underneath for your stuff, and it also has that parent tray (as well as height adjustable handle.)
I've written more comparison of these 3 strollers in the "C1 vs. P3 vs. Zippy decision" thread-- check it out if you'd like, and good luck!
FTM-to-be (October 2006)

patricksmom
08-08-2006, 10:22 AM
Hey...I am off to go read that thread again too....I was trying to decide between these three and had written a few questions myself in that thread.

Just from your perspective however...why did you choose the P3 over the Zippy? Seems like others in that thread were leaning toward the Zippy.....what do you think? I am so lost between the two so that is why I ask.
I might have given up on the C1 because I have heard it is heavier than the P3 and Zippy....plus I like the colors better on the P3 or Zippy.
It is so hard to make this decision. LOL!!!!

patricksmom
08-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Well...just got finished reading the other thread and I think you answered my post very nicely there......that pretty much summed it up. I have responded to your post there too. Thanks!!!!!