PDA

View Full Version : Stroller and Ebay help!

gigoteuse
07-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Hi!
I posted some time ago to get help choosing a Maclaren stroller and I decided to get the Quest. I bought it from maxoty on July 10th and paid immediately using Paypal. I haven't heard from the seller since. I waited until yesterday (since I'm in Canada and I saw in his feedback that it took someone in Canada a week to get their stroller) to email him through ebay and ask if the stroller had been shipped. I hadn't heard from him this morning so I emailed him to his AOL account and still nothing. I'm kind of surprised since he has such good feedback and a lot of people are saying great communication?!?

It looks like a lot of you have experience with ebay so I thought I would post here. So, am I being impatient? I'm waiting for the stroller to go visit my family, although I'm starting to think I'll have to find another solution.

Thanks

gigoteuse
07-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Update

Maybe he reads this board! He sent me an email tonight saying he would update me tomorrow morning when he is in the office.

pampamz
07-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Glad you are getting some contact from him. I'm also in Canada and have considered getting a Mac off his auctions but have been chicken.

Do update on how it all works out!

gigoteuse
07-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Hi!

Here is a new update. Thursday, I got an email from USPS saying that an item had been shipped to me from him. However, the tracking number doesn't work. Maxoty sent me an email saying that he was trying to figure out how to proceed so that I wouldn't have to pay duties or taxes. (I had asked that he sends (if possible) the stroller by USPS to reduce brokerage fees.) He also said the stroller would be shipped on Friday. Since the tracking number doesn't work, I don't know if it has been shipped or not. I have emailed him yesterday and still no reply.
This is so strange since he gets great feedback about his communication...

I'll keep you posted

gigoteuse
08-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Final update!

I received the stroller about a week after it was shipped but I was visiting my family so I got to see it only yesterday.
I really like the stroller, it was in the original box and in perfect condition. We took it to the test to the farmer's market yesterday and got to fit in the basket a lot more than I expected. My daugther seemed to like it as well.

It is kind of hard to say if I would recommend buying from him. The prices are good, the strollers are new but the communication wasn't that good and it took too long (in my opinion) to get the stroller. Also, my partner did have to pay $15 at the post office to get the stroller.

I guess it depends on how quickly you want your stroller (but also I didn't find that many inexpensive places that would ship to Canada)

Momof3Labs
08-07-2006, 07:34 AM
The other downside of this seller is that you don't get a manufacturer's warranty. Yes, he offers his own, but what if he leaves town, or just chooses not to respond to your e-mails?