PDA

View Full Version : Mac Techno XT vs. Techno Classic - what's the difference?

Neptune
07-21-2006, 12:59 AM
I've looked and looked and can't figure out what the difference is, if any??? I have only seen the XT for myself at BRU, so I can't compare. Anyone know the details?

While I'm here, who has the best price? BRU is $289.

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
07-21-2006, 06:29 AM
Just the fabrics, and the Classic comes with a boot, I think. www.maclarenbaby.com might have a decent explanation, too.

Best price...hmmm...dunno...there were some 2005's at www.albeebaby.com for $170, but it's been awhile since I checked.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

lilac0422
07-21-2006, 10:52 PM
The differences are pretty minor.

* The fabrics/colors are different (hard to explain but the classic is more plush and the XT is more rugged for lack of a better word)

* The XT has 2 pockets on the back of the hood, the Classic has 1

* The XT has strap covers and the Classic has an infant head hugger

Otherwise they have the same fold, recline and canopy. The 2006 does not come with a boot (it is about a $60 option). I think the 2005 comes with a boot. Both come with raincovers.

Be aware that if you go for the 2005, the canopy is much smaller than the 2006. Personally, I am getting the 2006 because the canopy unzips to give really great IMO sun coverage. There is a really good photo of the canopy on Maclaren's website. The Classic is show with the canopy out but zipped up. However the XT is shown with the canopy unzipped (it goes down really far then).

Hopefully, I answered your first question completely. I've seen both IRL. We are getting the Classic because IMO it seemed more plush (we are using it for a newborn). The XT would be my choice for a toddler as there was just something more rugged about the fabric. Kind of like a soft windbreaker. I think it might be easier to clean. Although, I wasn't crazy about the air flow fabric in the head pillow and strap covers on the XT.

The best price I have seen is Albee like Julie said. They have most colors of the XT and Classic on sale for $269.99. Good luck

Neptune
07-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Thank you both for the replies.

When I looked at the Techno XT at BRU the other day, I did try out the hood with the zipper and was very impressed how far it let the hood down. That is a must for me, so I'm glad you told me about the difference between the 2005 and 2006. I want that hood!! Hopefully I can see a classic IRL so I can compare the fabric. Although I like the idea of the plush fabric, I also would like easy to clean, since they are only newborns a short time, yet use the stroller for so long.

I don't need the stroller until January. Do you think there will be better prices on the 2006 towards the end of this year? That would be a nice bonus.

Thanks again!!!

sobers3
07-22-2006, 11:00 AM
The classic has an additional pad inside to make it more plush for a newborn. The pad would be much easier to remove and wash easily rather than having to wash the entire seat.