PDA

View Full Version : Quinny Zapp for in and out of car?

marit
07-21-2006, 02:56 AM
I have an opportunity to buy a Quinny Zapp for about $250. Is it a good price? It will replace my (broken) MacLaren for in-and-out of the car. I looked at it and it is really light/compact and steers great. But the fold seemed so cumbersome. If it takes 3 steps to fold it, can it really be an in-n-out stroller?

Thanks,

LD92599
07-21-2006, 05:40 AM
I paid less than $250 brand new with shipping AND the customs charge from the UK; not sure if the one you're looking at is NIB, etc.

The Zapp is not a light stroller but yes, it can be for in & out of the car. Once you get the fold/unfold figured out it's pretty quick...tip....use silicon on the bottom shaft for easier folding.

Laura
Will is three...and doesn't sleep :-(

[img]http://b4.lilypie.com/vEOmm4.png

Use a Mac? Interested in learning more about them? Join us!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-MacUsers/

Momof3Labs
07-21-2006, 06:38 AM
It is pretty heavy, and the fold is a pain in the butt. Not to mention that $250 is quite steep (I also paid under $200 to get mine from the Netherlands, though I've since sold it since I hated the fold). You'd be better off with a new Maclaren Quest or similar.

Ohio_Mom
07-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Well, I'll be the dissident voice here. I love my Zapp, and I do use it as my in-and-out-of-the-car stroller. The fold took some getting used to, but I don't find it cumbersome at all and have had no problems with it whatsoever. I briefly had a Quest but hated it because the steering on the Zapp is so much better (you can steer it one-handed easily, whereas I was never able to do that with the Quest; it would run off the sidewalk or into walls, but that's never happened with the Zapp). I sold the Quest practically brand new because it just didn't measure up to the Zapp, and my Zapp is the one stroller that I never want to sell. I paid $230 for mine new in the box on eBay.

GroversMom
07-21-2006, 08:15 AM
We use our Zapp for in and out of the car and airport travel. I don't find the fold that bad at all, it just takes a little practice, but I can do it while holding DS (if he doesn't squirm). I don't think it is that heavy, but maybe heavy is relative... for us it is the perfect size for keeping in the car and using when we travel.

I think we paid 130GBP for ours.

swampus
07-22-2006, 12:10 AM
I bought my zapp for $175 shipped recently. It was "like new"--I'm sure you'll be able to find it for a better price if you look. I bought mine from a swapper.

I have a volo that I use for the pool, but that's just because of the price factor-- I wouldn't want to leave my zapp unattended. The fold takes a couple times to get used to, but once you do, it doesn't seem heavy or cumbersome at all. (this coming from a mama that uses the MBUD as the do-everything double!).

marit
07-22-2006, 09:47 AM
Thank you all for your replies. I think I'll skip it for now, because if it's not such a great deal it is not worth it for me to carry it on the airplane and it's not like I was looking for a new stroller anyway...

Thanks!