PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever checked their umbrella stroller as luggage on a flight??

aliceinwonderland
07-24-2006, 12:37 PM
And had it survive? If so, mind sharing the brand/model?

Also, is there any sort of umbrella stroller that comes with a little bag??

Thanks so much in advance,

Susann
07-24-2006, 02:04 PM
I have checked my Mac Quest with the luggage both in a plastic bag and once without. It survived. I like using plastic bags over travelbags b/c they fold smaller when not in use. Often the check-in people give you one if you ask.

Susann

mamar
07-25-2006, 03:55 PM
I've never checked it with luggage, but I just bought a Chicco C6 (Capri/Caddy) which does come with its own bag.

mariza
07-26-2006, 09:03 AM
I've checked my P3 several times with the JL Childress Stroller bag and never had a problem. Added bonus is that you can stuff additional items in the stroller bag for cushioning the stroller and just to get some extra travel room since most airlines don't count the stroller against your allowed 2 pieces of checked luggage.
The longest trip was from West Palm Beach to Honolulu and back with the stroller as checked luggage, no problems!

pumpkinpie
07-29-2006, 07:19 PM
I've taken a Kolcraft $15 stroller on flights, but checked it at the gate (rolled the child in the stroller up to the gate, she gets out of the stroller and we go to the seats, the airline people take the stroller at the gate). When the plane lands, the stroller is there right at the jetway at the door to the plan. Haven't sent it as checked luggage. Although I did send a lawnchair through on United and didn't have any problems.