PDA

View Full Version : Have a Combi City Savvy. Should I spring for a Mac?

cmdunn1972
07-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Okay, I admit it. I'm insanely jealous of all you Mac owners out there. :P We're going on our European vacation, and I'm afraid that the Combi's frame won't hold up. However, the $140 price tag gives me pause. If you were in my shoes, would you spring for a Triumph?

Susann
07-24-2006, 07:53 PM
The Mac steers like a dream compared to the Combi. However, when I first went over from a Combi to a Mac, I was really annoyed by the fact that the Mac is so tippy.

If I was you, I would probably take the Combi and if it broke, I would get a Mac to replace it. I don't think a Mac would perform any better in Europe.

Susann

cmdunn1972
07-25-2006, 05:56 AM
Okay, thanks! It's just so tempting, but it's hard to justify another stroller purchase to DH when we already have the Combi.

AddiesMom
07-25-2006, 07:28 AM
I have a Combi Cosmo and a Mac Techno. I use the Combi for travel and I have a secret wish that the airline will destroy it so I can get a Triumph. It is a great stroller, but I just really like the Mac more.

tigeratty
07-27-2006, 10:24 PM
I have the combi savvy soho. Liked it at first when DS was smaller, grew to not like it so much. We used it on a trip to NYC. DS was 10 m/o. It did great on the city streets, and that strap makes public transportation so easy. I was also able to wash the seat after several days in 95 degree Manhattan. My packed Kecci bag sometimes dragged on the ground (weighed down by baby food jars at the time), though, and of course, no basket.

We continue to use it for travel but upgraded to a P3 for normal use. If it were me, I wouldn't buy another stroller for the same use, KWIM?

Katigre
07-28-2006, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't buy a new stroller in case it gets damaged on the plane flight - go with the combi you have, IMO.