PDA

View Full Version : would dirt path walking require a jogging stroller?

heather13
07-26-2006, 10:14 PM
We're graduating from a Kolcraft Universal Car Carrier and I'm having trouble finding something that fits our needs. Biggest drawback is I'm in the midwest and BRU is basically the only place that carries strollers, so my choices are limited if I want to try it in person before purchasing.

There are lots of dirt paths around our neighborhood with occasional gravel - would that terrain necessitate wheels of a jogging stroller? What about taking a stroll in the winter? Are there any single strollers that aren't joggers that would work for this type of terrain?

I'm just looking for a large basket, one-handed manauverability, less than 25 lbs that folds easily and won't fall apart during our walks. After weeks of research I'm at my wits end!!

Heather

Susann
07-27-2006, 02:45 PM
If you just walk to get around and don't jog, 12" wheels are good enough. Anything smaller than that, will be a pain, especially if you might use it in snow.

BabyJogger has a few models with 12" wheels and their strollers are very durable and light. BRU carries low-end strollers with 12" wheels but they are very plastic-y, so I'm not sure if they would tolerate cold that well.

Susann