PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren Triumph or Quest?

azmamato3
07-26-2006, 10:39 PM
I need to replace my single umbrella stroller that broke after 4 years! I have narrowed it down to the Quest and Triumph. I did test drive both at BRU awhile ago, but before I was comparing only them. Is the only real difference that the Quest has 4 reclines and a back pocket and the Triumph 1 recline and no pocket? Is the sunshield on the quest any larger than the triumph? I am dealing with AZ sun and want sufficient shade. My youngest is 7 months, so I have a good 2-3 years of stroller use left. I want lightweight, easy to use, tall, decent recline (for long days of mall or travel), and quality.

Thanks!!

Leah

SAHM of 3 boys!

sdbc
07-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Does the Triumph have an extendable foot rest like the Quest? That was useful for dd until about 18 months.
Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

tarahsolazy
07-27-2006, 03:33 PM
The Quest has the extendable footrest, the Triumph doesn't. That was a very nice feature for my guy until at least age two. I'd go with the Quest. Love it, easy to use, light, steers great. The sunshield sucks on the Quest, though, as I assume it does on the Triumph.

azmamato3
07-27-2006, 05:20 PM
So I went and looked today and I couldn't tell about the footrest, but the shade was the same. One thing I hadn't heard about is that the canopy can be pulled forward to provide a little more shade. Does this help? And if I am going to spend $150 on the Quest, should I just spend a little more for the Techno XT? I started out with a $100 limit and it seems to be escalating!!

And the recline on the quest is a little more than the triumph, but not much. Neither is close to flat.

Thanks!!