PDA

View Full Version : Need IRL weight help. Is 5lbs a big diff? Techno? Quest? Swing?

pampamz
07-29-2006, 07:50 AM
So, I really like my Zooper Swing but it is bulky for an umbrella stroller and kind of heavy @ 19lbs. I have always liked the Macs and thought I would eventually get a Quest but it doesn't seem like *enough* stroller for me.

I would like to downgrade from the 19lb Swing to maybe a Techno. But the Techno is still 14lbs. Is this a big enough diff. in weight? Will I notice it? Should I go lighter?

Thanks!

sobers3
07-29-2006, 09:17 AM
How old is your baby? Also, height and weight?

pampamz
07-29-2006, 09:21 AM
She's 12mo, 20lbs, smallish length (bad mom -- don't know it!).

I like to have some recline on it but she doesn't really nap in there. And, I like the extended hood on the Techno...but DH would keel over if I bought another heavier umbrella stroller...unless the Techno is not too bad...?! :D

sobers3
07-29-2006, 12:29 PM
I find that there is quite a difference in the weight between the Quest and the Techno. Also, the fold isn't as compact on the Techno, the larger wheels stick further out when folded. For me, I would prefer the Quest for a baby your age. You still have a nice recline, but not flat and the leg extenders. You can always add an extra sunshade for the summer such as a Ray Shade. I loved my Quest for that age, but now that the my DGSs are aproaching 36+ pounds, I have gone back to the Techno for the larger wheels making it easier to steer. If the Quest still handled as well with extra weight, I would chose the Quest hands down. The Quest and the Mountain Buggys are my favorites!

lmwbasye
07-29-2006, 03:02 PM
I believe the Techno is going to be too similar to your Swing. I would go with the Quest to use for more in and out, errand type trips and keep the Swing for your mall and full-day type trips. This is what we do. I find I don't need as much of a stroller as the Swing when I'm just doing quick errands about town.

We LOVE the Quest. You really cannot go wrong with it and the weight is a huge difference.

HTH!

strollerqueen
07-30-2006, 02:53 PM
The Techno is 16.5 to 18 pounds, depending on model and year.

pampamz
07-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Right, I forget that 14lbs on the website doesn't mean 14lbs IRL.

So, the Quest it should be....off to eBay I go!

Thanks, all.