PDA

View Full Version : BJCSD or MBUD? Should I Buy Used?

baby
07-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi. I was wondering if you guys can give me advice as to how to decide between the two because they seem pretty similar.

The truth is that I can't afford to buy them new and I found these 2 deals. What do you all think?

I saw a deal on Craigs list for the MBUD 2006 in blue cabana stripe for $500. It was used for 5 months and they claim its in perfect condition. I asked her if she would lower the price to $400 and she is going to get back to me. Is it a good deal? What are the disadavatages of buying used? What if it brakes?

I also saw a deal on ebay for a used BJCSD starting at $100 and it for pickup only but right in my area. It is a black one. They say its gently used for 6 months and only used half a dozen times. Is the black a nice color? Do you think this is a good deal if I can get it close the starting bid? Noone has even bid on it yet.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Gently-Used-Baby-Jogger-City-Series-Double-Stroller_W0QQitemZ170011597454QQihZ007QQcategoryZ6 6701QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphot ohosting

Thanks,
Ashley

mommab
07-30-2006, 12:29 AM
I'd go with the BJCSD if you can get a great deal on it! I bought mine new off Ebay in February for the then "baby on the way", and we absolutely looooove it! I recommended it to my girlfriend, and she called the other day to thank me. The only gripe we have about the stroller is the non-locking ability of the folded stroller. Other than that, it's sweeeeet! I would have bought ours used if there had been any available at the time. Baby Jogger has wonderful customer service if you should have any problems with it! Good luck on your decision!