PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Sit n' Ride Stroller

KentuckyRK
07-30-2006, 04:38 PM
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2460&e=product&pid=35969

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this stroller or has seen one in person. It looks great and looks like it would work exactly for what we need it for (2 year old and baby due in 5 weeks). I like that the child can both stand AND ride on the back.

I personally think it looks like the Quattro Tour which I LOVE, but I wonder if it's really heavy.

Any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sobers3
07-30-2006, 05:56 PM
I was at the Point Pleasant Boardwalk and a woman was in tears trying to push one. It was so hard to push and steer, so she was asking her husband to help her. He had a hard time also. The concept is great, but it just wasn't working for her. I hope she returns it.

Joolsplus2
07-30-2006, 05:57 PM
I was super bummed they didn't have this in BRU last I went...they had that double that looks like a wagon, which my 6 yo said was uncomfortable (gee, Honey, you ARE too big! lol)..I wanted to know if this would be good for our walks to the pool... I need to bring the baby and all the towels, toys, and snacks for the big kids... I've even been consdidering <gasp> a quattro tour (can you believe it? ROFL!).

Anyway, it looks cool. I did have a sit n stand when my eldest 2 were only 2 years apart, but I was unhappy that my 2 yo kept trying to get off while I was walking... I'd just be going along and he'd get under the seatbelt and be under my feet...not good.. I hope the restraint system is better on this FP, because I think it IS kind of cool.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

KentuckyRK
07-30-2006, 08:15 PM
>I was super bummed they didn't have this in BRU last I
>went...they had that double that looks like a wagon, which my
>6 yo said was uncomfortable (gee, Honey, you ARE too big!
>lol)..I wanted to know if this would be good for our walks to
>the pool... I need to bring the baby and all the towels, toys,
>and snacks for the big kids... I've even been consdidering
><gasp> a quattro tour (can you believe it? ROFL!).
>
>Anyway, it looks cool. I did have a sit n stand when my
>eldest 2 were only 2 years apart, but I was unhappy that my 2
>yo kept trying to get off while I was walking... I'd just be
>going along and he'd get under the seatbelt and be under my
>feet...not good.. I hope the restraint system is better on
>this FP, because I think it IS kind of cool.
>
>:)
>Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats

Yeah, I thought that the wagon looking one was hideous! I still use my Safety 1st Acella for Connor, but now that his mom is having a baby and we'll be keeping her everyday as well, I feel it's time for an upgrade. However, at this point I may settle for a Snugli :O)

Also, if you are really looking for a stroller for walking to the pool, then honestly the Quattro tour isn't a bad choice at all. I think most people dislike it because it's so heavy, but I find that it's only heavy when you're talking about lifting it in and out of a trunk, otherwise it's super easy to push. The people I sit for this summer have a 6 month old and the QT in Blackwell and I'm seriously considering buying one to use with the new baby because I love it so much. Though I'm talking about the bare minimum one without all the extras like this one;
http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=7111CLN&CategoryID=2

But anyway... we'll just wait and see what happens. I wish they had the FP stroller at BRU so I could try it out with Connor!

~Rachel

Joolsplus2
07-30-2006, 10:22 PM
Yeah, nothing's too heavy if you just park it in the garage, really. And that's where it'd live... probably with pool towels draped all over it and a soft cooler in the basket permanently. I might just get the pink metrolite because it's pink and 'big enough' for us and for a full day out stroller, too.

Anyway, good luck with the new baby!!!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

skipspin
07-31-2006, 12:34 PM
I saw the stroller at BRU a few weeks ago. Now, it has mysteriously dissapeared. Recall? Who knows?

It did look sort of similar to the Graco. The seat was decent and DD still fit okay. (almost 3, 32 lb) I didn't get a chance to take it off the little display step it was on and I figured I would look at it closer later, but the next week it was gone. I would say that it would be pretty good for the pool or soemthing like that. HAve you seen how the canopy can turn into a giant "stuff" bag? It would be great to hold towels and floaties. (I was thinking the same thing about my e-3. I could put it in newborn/toddler mode with DD in the toddler seat, and put a ton of stuff in the baby area...)

Anyway, if I see it again maybe I'll have my camara and I'll make DD try it out a little more.