PDA

View Full Version : For an every day double stroller? Valco, BJCSD, MBUD, P&T E2 Twin?

Lori810
07-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Hello all-

I am planning on replacing my current 2 strollers with a new double. I have a Combi twin savvy that I am giving to my sister (she has a new baby and wants the carseat compatibility - and I have the combi connection carseat). I also have a Valco single runabout with toddler seat that I am going to sell - my toddler is always changing her mind about where she wants to sit - front or back - and its getting annoying using that stroller - a side by side would be better for a bunch of reasons.

So, I am going to get a double that replaces both. I know its going to be bulkier than the Combi, but I am wondering of the ones I mentioned, which would be the best everyday stroller? Maneuverable, comfortable, good fold, not too HUGE when folded (I have a subaru forrester which has an OK but not too big trunk). I have a tallish 2.5 yr old and a 11 mo. old.

Thanks for any input! ALso, any hints as to the best place to sell my Valco?

Thanks!
Lori

azmamato3
07-31-2006, 10:51 AM
MBUD

I have had mine for 2 years and love it. It is our only double stroller. It is really easy to push, the kids are comfortable, but it is a little big when folded--the only downside.

Good luck!

Leah

Ohio_Mom
07-31-2006, 12:57 PM
Of the ones you mentioned, the Baby Jogger has the smallest and easiest fold. I've seen all of these in person and have owned two of them, and the Baby Jogger is the best fold-wise by far. I also like the way that there are hand-holds to lift the folded Baby Jogger into the car when folded, whereas the other three are tougher to get hold of to lift in and out of a vehicle. None of them latch closed when folded, so having a good place to hold onto the stroller when lifting it is key.

The Valco and Baby Jogger have better seat padding than the E3 twin or the MBUD.

All of these except the MBUD have dual canopies. Some people don't mind the single large canopy on the MB, but I really prefer separate canopies because my toddler hates having her view obstructed, but I want complete sun coverage for the baby.

All of them are great strollers, though, and you really can't go wrong with any of them. I do think that the Valco/BJ/MB are a bit better quality than the E3 twin, though. I think the E3 twin is a bit overrated, and not worth the high price tag. You can spend way less and get one of the others with a better push and more comfortable ride for your kids, IMO.

If you have any more specific questions, just LMK since I've either owned or test-driven all of the above.

Lori810
08-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Wow, thank you! That is such helpful information!

How would you compare the BJ and the Valco? I have the Valco single runabout and I love it! I guess I am kind of leaning towards the Valco since I've had the single and had nothing but a great experience with it. But I am sort of worried about that folding and lifting it will be a pain.

I haven't seen any very good pics of the BJ - all the pics I've seen have been from a distance, and it looks sort of just like a jogger. Do you have any good ppics of it - the actual seat and padding?

How about between the Valco and the MBUD - the main difference I think is that the Valco has more padding and individual sunshades. Any reason to think the MBUD is better?

Do you think any sit more upright or less upright than the others?

Thanks so much for any insight!
Lori

chicagojo
08-01-2006, 03:01 PM
I test drove both the Valco and MBUD before ultimately buying the Valco. The Valco seats definitely go more upright than the MBUD - this was my deciding factor since DD likes to sit completely uprigh. It also seemed to be slightly narrower (although I've read conflicting opinions about whether that's true).

The Valco is significantly heavier, though, than the MBUD or BJ (which I was not able to test drive before my purchase) I love my Valco around the neighborhood, but it's a huge pain to fold up and lug in and out of the car.

Lori810
08-01-2006, 11:40 PM
I've heard that the Valco Twin 2006 model is different in some way and is going to be lighter than the 2005. I think I am going to go w/the Valco twin but I am sorta bummed that I have to wait until Sept. to get one now!

Thanks for all the input!

Lori

carolines mommy
08-02-2006, 01:23 AM
I have 2 BJCSD and really like them. Both girls are very comfortable in them and the seats sit more upright than the Valco or MBUD seats from my experience. The fold is incredibly easy and small too for a double all terrain. I have a minivan so space isn't a huge issue, but it is nice to have a good majority of my trunk well available if needed.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05