PDA

View Full Version : if you own a p3 and quest....

skohng
07-31-2006, 11:18 PM
hi all,

I have a 15mo and was all set to get a quest as our 2nd/travel stroller (main stroller being a p3). i went to BRU to finally check it out, and was surprised at how heavy the quest seemed! I really would like an errand stroller to throw around but it seems the quest is so loved here and has great features. I didn't have time to check out the triumph but like that it's lighter. I guess my last choice would be the swift or chicco c6.

If you have both the p3 and quest, do you notice a big difference in weight? does the quest really feel like a lightweight? also, which model year is the *lightest* quest?

also - i feel like a HEEL asking this - but why is the extendable leg rest so important?

thanks!
selena

klass2
08-01-2006, 07:46 AM
I own a 2003 P3 (the first month they made them) and a 2005 Quest.

The P3 feels much bigger and definately weighs more and is more bulky than the Quest.

I think people really love the extendable footrest on the Quest for when you recline the seat and have a little baby sleeping.

All in all, of all the strollers I have my 3 year old P3 is my favorite--hands down.

The Quest is great to keep in the trunk for quick errands (like running the post office or if my little one is asleep in the carseat and we need to go eat somewhere--I just transfer him to the Quest and go).

The Triump is lighter I think, but I don't think it reclines as far back as the Quest.

lmwbasye
08-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Selena,

To me, there is a huge difference. The Quest folds up sooo much smaller, is easier to get a bigger kiddo in and out than the P3, steers easier, and is significantly lighter. Don't get me wrong, I love my P3, but the Quest is an excellent quick in and out stroller. We needed the extendable leg rest because DS just isn't comfy still wihtout it (he is 21 months and still insists on it being extended...but this is also part of his personality).

HTH!

skohng
08-01-2006, 08:08 PM
thanks for the input ladies!

laura, good to "see" ya round these parts ;)