PDA

View Full Version : Should I get the Bugaboo?

sarahD_CT
08-01-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm wondering if some of you experienced mothers can help. I'm a first time mom-to-be, and am trying to decide what stroller to get. The bugaboo has been offered to us as a gift,and I'm leaning towards getting it (the frog) but I want to make sure I'm chosing it for the right reasons.

We live in a suburban/rural town, and I go for 3 mile walks outside every day. I don't forsee ever jogging with a stroller but certainly lots of walking in the area, on trails, and to the beach. I love the suspension on the Bugaboo and haven't found anything else quite like it. My thought is that with it, I won't need another stroller, other than an umbrella for travel. Am I correct? Or am I better off with a Peg/Ingelsia (or the like) and a 3 wheel all-terrain stroller (seems bulky)? Another thought was the Bumbleride Flyer, but the Bug is lighter and smoother.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks

smilequeen
08-01-2006, 09:24 PM
I personally wouldn't get a frog again. Now if the cameleon had been out, I might feel differently. DS got really just too big for the seat of his bug at about 15ish months. It was GREAT until then though. He's pretty average size too, just about 60th%ile.

I ended up with a Mountain Buggy Urban to replace it and I like it SO much more. It's better on the trails I use.

I always did have a smaller stroller for the car though and only stuck the bigger one in for driving to the trails.

A P3, Zippy, or Mac Techno and a Mountain Buggy Urban (with the bassinet I think since I did like that on the Bug) would probably be my choices now.

sarahD_CT
08-02-2006, 07:40 AM
Thanks, that's helpful. I see lots of people like the MBUS, I guess I'll check it out, it just seems so big to me.

shilo
08-04-2006, 02:42 AM
hi,
i love my bug and use it on walking paths (everything from paved to broken pavement to packed dirt to plain old dusty trails) several times a week in the distances (or more) that you're talking about. the frog has held up great and is still my favorite stroller for everything from the mall to the trails to the zoo. i did wind up getting a mac quest (umbrella stroller) for travelling at about 8-9months, as once i no longer needed the bassinet for him to sleep in, it was just too big (not to mention too much fear of damage) to take it with me cross country. i will occasionally use the quest now if i know i'm going somewhere really crowded where i might need to leave the stroller unattended (ie. the aquarium earlier this week) just because i'm a little leary of leaving a $$$ stroller unattended and i'd be devastated if anything happened to it, as it still is my daily use stroller of choice. i totally understand some people with larger babies prefering the cameleon b/c it lasts longer height wise. my DS is small, so it's not even close to an issue for us at 14.5 mos. if bigger (taller, especially thru the trunk) babies run in your family, pp is right, you might want to consider the cam. instead. anyway, i couldn't be happier with our frog, so that would be my choice if i had it to do over again.

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

ShaniB123
08-06-2006, 08:48 PM
I, too, go on daily walks (though only about two miles- it's all DD will allow), and I've been using the Frog to do so since DD was about 2 months old. I love the Bug and am glad I have it- I had a Zippy before the Bug, and I liked it I lot less than the Bug. My mom got a P3 to keep at her house in CT for when we visit, and I like that a lot less than the Bug, too.

The one drawback to the Bug is that it's a pain to fold/unfold and to take in and out of the car. For that reason, I bought a Mac Quest that I keep in the car. I bought it on Ebay (new in the box) and paid $99, plus shipping. It was the previous year's model, but I didn't care. I find the Quest to be a great umbrella stroller for the car (and I actually like pushing it more than I like pushing the Zippy or P3)- it's light and easy to fold.

If you're planning to get an umbrella stroller anyway for travel, you can always do what I do- use the Bug for daily walks and the Quest for your car. Just my two cents. Hope it helps. Good luck

sarahD_CT
08-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks to all of you for your feedback. I have decided to get a Bugaboo for sure, now I'm just trying to decide between the frog and cameleon but am leaning towards the frog. I have received a Mac Quest as a gift already, so I am set there! Glad to know I chose wisely on that one.

Thanks again. I'll let you know what I decide...