PDA

View Full Version : MacLaren Volo vs. Triumph - which should I register for????

skandel
08-02-2006, 10:41 AM
which one is a more reliable, durable lightweight stroller?

Momof3Labs
08-02-2006, 11:13 AM
I wouldn't register for either. You're a long way from being able to use a Volo (it's more of a toddler stroller), and IMO the Triumph isn't that great for infants/babies because it doesn't have enough recline AND does not have an adjustable legrest.

Pick one stroller to start with, and then you can always trade it in or buy another as your needs change/develop.

Ohio_Mom
08-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Yes, neither will work for a young baby (the Volo is especially baby-unfriendly). If you want to register for a Mac, get the Techno. That one has full recline and is comfy enough for a young baby, unlike the two you mentioned.

Christeen_Trevor
08-02-2006, 03:48 PM
At what age can an infant be in a volo or triumph? I am getting a twin techno. Ordered this week :) My kids are 27 months and 2 months. There will be times when my dd is at mothers day out and I will just have my son. I have a hot pink volo that I bought when she was 17months. I am thinking of selling it and getting a single stroller that I can use when I just have my youngest -- what would you get? I have a graco metrolite travel system but he will grow out of the infant carrier seat in ht at a young age -- our snugride only goes to 26 inches and he was 22 1/2 inches at 2 weeks!

Christeen

MamaKath
08-04-2006, 11:41 PM
I would look at a Quest for an infant. It is similar to the triumph but with better recline and a legrest. IMO the legrest makes all the difference in how comfortable a Mac is for a youg baby. When they are a bit older and tall enough where their knees bend at the end of the seat, it becomes less of an issue. For my kids I would not have wanted a Volo at less than a year old, and even then it would have been a quick trip only stroller.

HTH~

nfowife
08-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Since you have a metrolite, you can use that without the infant seat as a stroller, if you don't want to buy something lighter. But the quest is a great stroller, for both your kiddo's ages!