PDA

View Full Version : Bugaboo Cameleon - 2 Questions

maybabyontheway
08-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi -

For those of you who have the Bugaboo Cameleon...

1. Is there a height/weight/age that the baby has to be in order to switch it from the pram to the facing forward (in the lowest recline, of course)? My baby all of a sudden hates lying flat. She is 2.5 mos.

2. Once you make the switch, can you jog with the stroller? Or do I need to wait until she's fully sitting up?

Thanks!

-Elianna

ShayleighCarsensMom
08-05-2006, 10:27 AM
I dont know the age you switch, I want to say you could do it as soon as 2 months or whenever they grow out of the bassinet.
I would not job with a cameleon, if you hit a crack, those front wheels will stop you dead in your tracks ;)

shilo
08-05-2006, 01:36 PM
well, we use a frog, but for the sake of the questions you're asking, it doesn't really matter...

1) you could switch to the seat in the horrizontal position at this point (she would have something like a 10 or 15% incline in that position), but i wouldn't put it up to even the semi-reclined position and definitely not the upright position until she has well established head control. it may just be a little phase she's going thru tho, i'd give it a little time before i made the switch, but that's just me. i think we switched to the seat somewhere around 4.5 or 5 months. we did have the graco adapter tho, and used his infant seat for short errands in and out.

2) i wouldn't personally consider the bug's for jogging. they are absolutely awesome for brisk walks, but i don't think the front swivel wheels are suited to jogging distances (sure they do just fine when you need to pick up the pace for a few steps in a crosswalk or something, but not really for distance IMO). even if you flip it so that the large wheels are in front, i think the back end is going to swing something fierce up at jogging speeds. there is also the issue of suspension - most joggers have the big air tires and some have additional suspension to absorb some of the jarring/bumps along the way at speed. this is important just from a shaking their little brains inside their skulls standpoint. anyway, i personally also wouldn't probably jog with any stroller - dedicated jogger or not - until the baby had well established head control. i do think if you're fully reclined you could definitely start some brisk walking with her at this point. if you want to jog - i'd look into something with proper air tires/suspension and maybe even a dedicated infant mode.

fwiw, jogging is pretty much the only 'stroller function' i haven't found the bug good for. otherwise, it is my favorite stroller. and i'm not a big jogger/runner, so no biggie for us.

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

maybabyontheway
08-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Thanks for your help! She really seems to hate laying flat, but I am worried that she isn't big enough to face forward yet...she's not quite 3 mos.