PDA

View Full Version : ?'s about Peg Perego Pliko 3 please help

kayleesmom
08-05-2006, 06:48 PM
I am very interested in the Pliko 3 and went to go look at it at BRU today! and it says that it has a handwashable seat cover. my question is what do u do if child pees through diaper and clothes. does it soak through the pad on the pliko and then stink? Becuase i have a heavy wetter and with our combi i usually wash the seat cover when she pees on it. and i am not sure i like the idea of handwash! how do u handle it? i am looking at the 2005's on clearance online and also considering possibly waiting till dec and try and get a 2006 on clearance. what do u all think and what would u do. I plan on using this as well when i have baby #2 so what are ur suggestions
our combi is coming very flimsy. and hard to turn

momathome
08-05-2006, 07:52 PM
I have put my cover in the washing machine on gentle and dired on low without a problem - it always comes clean beautifully. HTH!

jenfed1
08-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Me too....gentle cycle...
I usually air it dry overnight.

kayleesmom
08-05-2006, 09:14 PM
so it does come off the base? and also what year do u have?

mariza
08-05-2006, 10:14 PM
I have the 2005 Oasis (light yellow color) and I also wash on gentle cycle and tumble dry on low and it comes out great!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1"
and soon to arrive "Thing 2"

MNmomtobe
08-05-2006, 10:39 PM
I think it depends on the type of fabric. I have a Peg seat unit in black sable that I washed in the machine on the gentle cycle. Came out beautifully. I tried this with the fusion fabric that has a black mesh overlay and it came out looking pretty awful and I regret not handwashing.
I think the softer fabrics would do better in the washing machine than some of the other fabrics.