PDA

View Full Version : Zippy stroller and universal carseat adapter?

AliciaMGB
09-18-2006, 01:28 PM
We got a Zippy Inglesina stroller as a shower gift - so far I really like it, but part of why I asked for it is that it's supposed to be compatable with carseats (we have a Graco Snugride) and I'm having trouble figuring out how.

All the websites that advertise it talk about it having a "universal carseat adapter" - is that something that's supposed to come with the stroller, or something you buy separately? Is it different from the regular straps? The instruction book that came with the stroller does't say anything about how to hook in a carseat. I think we have the 2005 model if that helps.

Also, since the stroller reclines is it okay to put an infant in without the carseat and just strap them in?

Thanks for the help -
Alicia

Joolsplus2
09-19-2006, 08:18 AM
You just recline the seat and plop the carseat onto it, and there should be some extra bit of seatbelt to buckle it in. It won't click, and there's no plastic parts to add, but it'll still be super safe if you use the seatbelt piece (might want to contact inglesina directly?).
Yes, you sure can put a baby right into the seat itself...it's really better for them on longer outings ...let's them stretch and have wiggle room and helps keep their head from getting so flat.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

HannaAddict
09-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi,

We have a Zippy and had a Snugride too. They work great together. The "adapter" is really just the napper bar with the padding removed. We were confused at first too. You unclick the napper bar and slide off the padding. Click it back into place and recline the seat. The Snugride goes into the seat, with baby facing you. The Snugride should actually kind of click into the napper bar, unless they have changed the "hook" kind of bottom on the Snugride in the last couple of years. The Zippy is still the same.

Our Snugride clicked into the Zippy more securely than the Kolcraft Universal we had bought, so we returned it and just used the Zippy. We could literally lift the whole stroller by the car seat handle because it clicked in (not something we did except to test it). We also used the little straps that go around the Zippy and car seat handle, though with the Snugride's great fit we didn't really need them. Does this make sense, I am not the best at explaining mechanical things.

You could use the Zippy in full recline too, but we found it really too big for a newborn and preferred using the car seat for short trips. This time bought the pram/bassinet that is really nice but more $$$ and have the Chicco Keyfit so the car seat doesn't click in but is super stable using the straps.

HTH,
Kimberly

AliciaMGB
09-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the advice! I also contacted Inglesina through their website and got a really fast response - they said they could send me the extra straps if we really are missing them. I'll have to take a look at the stroller again to see - but it sounds like it'll be pretty easy to figure out, which I'm glad to hear.

Alicia

rl42382
09-20-2006, 11:13 PM
rachel l.
hi i have the zippy 06 and my mom has the 04 and graco snugride 04 which only goes to 26 inches and 20 lb. but i have tried my friends upgraded snugride but not the safeseat.the principals are the same. like they explained you recline the stroller back also the zippy comes with these narrow short straps with buckles that you feed through a slot in the arm rest part you just lift the plastic piece from the top of the arm rest and feed the strap through the slot. the straps wrap around the sides of the car seat handel on each side. i left the hood on and the naper bar cover on and was still able to click the car seat securly on to the stroller and use it though they do recomand that you do take them both off. i did this rearlly because my daughter hated the carseat but loved laying in the stroller from the day we came home from the hospital. i even sent the snap and go frame back because the car seat didn't secuarly click in for my comfort and it was as heavy and didn't manuver as well.this time i plan to get the bassinet for baby #2 in febuary because my daughter slept the first few months in her stroller and than whent straight in to a crib. good luck and i still use my zippy it is my only stroller and i love it and recomand it to so many people because it is well made in italy not china and really accomadates a baby from the newborn stage to the toddler stage. my dd #1 is 2 years old and we get so much use and suprisingllly the fold is even more appreciated when trying to restrain a toddler and open a stroller all at the same time.