PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed: BJCSD or Valco Twin Trimode?

cuca_
09-19-2006, 01:46 PM
I need an all-terrain double, as my Mac Twin Traveller is not working very well. Both my DDs are very tall, and I find that the oldest one's legs are too long for the Mac. She often rests her feet on or near the wheels, making it hard to push the stroller. It becomes worse if she happens to fall asleep while on the stroller. Anyway, I tried a BJCSD and really liked it, but I love the looks of the Valco Twin Trimode. I know the Twin Trimode is new and not shipping yet (at least in letsgostrolling.com), but I'm interested in info about people's experiences with the Single Trimode and older Valco Twin Strollers. Please give me your opinions.

Thanks

Carmen
DD May 2003
DD May 2005

dscollier3
09-20-2006, 02:58 AM
I have the BJCSD and the Valco Runabout. Love them both, they are really great strollers. IMO, you can't go wrong with either one. I know the seat backs on the BJ's are on the taller side, but I don't know what they are on the TriMode double. That would be a question for me though. My 5yo fits very well in the BJSCD and so does my 2yo. Nice range. I don't use a double most of the time, but when I do, it needs to fit a tall 5yo for now.

Oh, btw, for a light weight double, the Twin Swift works better for us than the Mac Twin Techno or Traveller does. Just another thought...

Sharon

strollerqueen
09-20-2006, 04:58 AM
I have some nice pictures of it up on my 2007 Reviews. I was really impressed by it, and really liked it. But anyway, my general advice is always to get the one you love, or you will regret it.

cuca_
09-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the advice. I tried out the BJSCD and really liked it, but I just think the Valco looks so pretty, especially in the Sunrise and Bubblegum colors. Thanks for the Twin Swift recommendation. I have a single Swift and love it. Maybe I will look into getting a twin swift after the all-terrain.

Carmen
DD May 2003
DD May 2005

cuca_
09-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Strollerqueen, I assume you are talking about the Valco right? I just paypaled my $ so hopefully I will get to see the pictures soon. Are the BJCSD and the Trimode similar size-wise? I've compared the stroller dimensions listed, but I guess I am more concerned about the width and height of the seats.

Thanks!

Carmen
DD May 2003
DD May 2005

stuff714
09-24-2006, 11:29 PM
bump...I am trying to decide between these two as well. Anymore opinions? How is the BJCSD for an infant?

Katra1
09-26-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm considering both as well, but leaning toward the valco. Valco has updated their website with the new model, and it lists the seat back as 30 or 36". can't remember, but it was tall. The hood is also supposed to be adjustible - at least i gathered that from the website.

Anyway, Galt Toys in chicago is supposed to have a model next month, and I'm going to test out both the BJ & valco then, in person. can't wait :D