PDA

View Full Version : New Stroller

emilyf
09-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Ok, I have a 4 year old zooper z-street that I have ADORED. It has travelled internationally several times and gets serious hard, daily use in our city neighborhoods. Sadly, it is on its last legs. The fabric is dirty, the canopy lists, the foam handles are breaking up. I'm thinking about getting something new for dd, but am torn about what to do. I love the idea of something stripped down and light, but she does occasionally fall asleep and I do need to be able to carry stuff-we walk to a lot of our shopping. I would love a mac, but am afraid it might be too tippy. I would like something that's good looking too and it needs to be good for tallish people. Any suggestions?
Emily mom of Charlie born 11/02 and Zoe born 9/05

ShanaMama
09-20-2006, 10:56 PM
I just ordered the Peg Pliko Lite. It's a bit more plush & loaded than the Macs. It's also umbrella style, but less tippy.
I don't know much about the Zooper, so I don't know what you're comparing it to & exactly what your needs are. This will be my everyday stroller, lives in the trunk & goes on errands, walks & malls. I'll be back with my review once I get it.

mariza
09-21-2006, 07:05 AM
How about a Zooper Twist? I'm partial to Zoopers, if you like your old one, I'd go for a newer model.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

anuta
09-21-2006, 10:42 AM
I also have an almost 3-yr-old Z-street that is still going strong. Fabric can be washed really well!

If you want something new, I would get another Zooper. I didn't like Macs in comparison, they have smaller wheels and shallower/lower seats...P3 I would also skip, my sister has one and it hasn't held up nearly as well, and it feels plasticky. After the tight feel of a Zooper the comparison is not favorable...
New Zooper that replaced Z-street has extendable handles.

emilyf
09-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Thanks all, if I only had 6 more months I would probably drive the z-street into the ground, I'm just not sure it has 2 more years in it and if I'm going to get something new, I might as well get it now so I can enjoy it. I mentioned it to dh though, and he wants me to wash it again and fix the hood and keep trucking for a while-we'll see. The twist does look nice.
Emily mom of Charlie born 11/02 and Zoe born 9/05