PDA

View Full Version : looking for specific feature in a stroller

Tina9544
09-21-2006, 04:36 PM
I am expecting #3 and I really cant spend a lot here because I have had nine strollers including a P3 that was supposed to be my very last ever. LOL DH would kill me if I spent a lot. But I was thinking it would be nice to get one of those ones that the handle switches around so when baby is a newborn they can lay down and you can look down at them... know what I mean? I know Peg Perego makes at least one but like I said, I cant spend a lot...

thanks

nfowife
09-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Well, the peg venezia, and older milano do (you can find lots of milanos on ebay or sometimes via craigslist, usually for under $100 in good condition).
The combi i-thru has a reversible seat.
I just got a zooper skipper that has a reversible handle. It has air tires, so it's more of a pram, but if you can catch an older one on ebay they go for well under $100 as well.

You can also get a navetta bassinett for your P3 and it will snap in for when your little one is a newborn, they come up on ebay frequently.

Momof3Labs
09-21-2006, 07:27 PM
ITA with Margaret - either try the Navetta or watch craigslist for a used Milano or Venezia (I see them for $50 all the time). I've had both, and prefer the Milano/Venezia (the Navetta is VERY short-lived).

beemah
09-22-2006, 11:17 AM
I don't know when your baby is due, but you could keep an eye out at T.J. Maxx in the late winter/early spring as they almost always have leftover Venezia models from the past year. The strollers start out on the higher side, maybe 50% of their sticker price and then if they sit in the store for a spell, discounts are taken.

I too like the stroller with the reversible handle/seat option. Other ideas include the I'Coo, the Rock Star, the Bumbleride Flyer and the Compass S310. I think the Compass sells for under $100, but doesn't have the best track record. Additionally, many Aprica models have reversible handles and sell used on Craigslist for a reasonable amount.