PDA

View Full Version : Is your Bugaboo rickety?

snooc
09-22-2006, 09:02 AM
I don't know if I 'm expecting too much from my Bugaboo Frog, but the front wheels seem a bit rickety when strolling. I've only been using it for one month. Is this common? Am I asking too much from my $700 stroller? Granted on smooth surfaces, it's fine, but even the slightest bump and it creaks. I just thought it would be smooth even over small bumps.

angee80
09-22-2006, 06:30 PM
What do you mean by "rickety?" Does it get like that on an unpaved surface? My bugaboo pushes really well and I've had it for over a year and a half. However, I don't go over too much unpaved roads and never really had a problem with my bugaboo.

As for the ride and suspension, bugaboo is probably one of the best I've tried.

shilo
09-22-2006, 06:40 PM
hmm, i've never had a problem with mine (16 mos), and i definitely can't ever imagine refering to it as rickety compared to any other stroller i've ever pushed. could you have your rear tires over or under inflated? they are very specific about not over inflating them (which would lead to a much less forgiving ride) and flat tires would be harder to push. the front wheels have a huge amount of clearance/suspension, so unless you're going over big bups, or vertical rises (like a curb), i can't see how it wouldn't be pretty darn smooth unless there was something wrong with it. only other thing i can think of, you don't have the front wheels locked out, do you?

now the frame itself, not the wheels, well, mine does have a little bit of 'flex' to it, but that's part of the way it gets such a smooth ride. you can kind of 'bounce' it a little to help rock them. but that is more of a springy feeling in mine, not a rickety feeling.

not much help, but i'd make sure your front wheels aren't locked, and your rear tires are inflated correctly. if that doesn't help, i'd take it back to where you got it and compare it to the floor model. if it doesn't do what yours does, maybe there is something wrong with it.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

snooc
09-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

Front (small) wheels are not locked out and back wheels are inflated properly.

It kind of makes a creak even when I go over sidewalk cracks. I know it's the front because if you do a wheelie on just the big tires, the creaking stops. Hmmm...

Also does your handlebar have a little wiggle to it? When unlocked and ready to roll, there's about an inch of slack up and down on the handlebar.

shilo
09-23-2006, 01:28 PM
hmm, sounds like something might be wrong with it then. my frame does have a bit of bounce to it at the handlebar but more like a 1/4" excursion up and down, not 1". my BF's camelion has the same thing. i assume you've tried something like WD40 on the front wheels/suspension to see if that lube's things up? otherwise, i'd contact the store you bought it at or bug usa directly and find out what your options are.

sorry, that's a real bummer - we have just loved ours, but i can imagine how put out i'd be to spend that kind of money on something that isn't working right.
lori

Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.