PDA

View Full Version : Valco Runabout Tri-Mode or Zooper Zydeco?

eep17
09-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Hello-
I am trying to decide whether to get the Trimode or the Zydeco. I like that the trimode is a little more lightweight, more storage, etc. But the reversible seat feature of the Zydeco, along with all of the included accessories (UV screen, rain shield, etc.)are also attractive- however it's heavier and seems to have a bulkier fold.
Is the reversible seat worth the extra weight/bulk? How is the storage on the Zydeco?
If only the Trimode were reversible....
Btw, We have a Honda Pilot, so have a fair amount of room for the times when we'll be travelling w/ the stroller.....

Thanks in advance! It took forever to narrow it down to these two, and now I am stuck....
-Ramona

reds
09-25-2006, 12:59 PM
I went through this same decision last year. Initially, I wanted the Zooper Boogie (similar to the Zydeco) based on the reversible seat feature. When I got to the store, the salesperson talked me into the Valco, which is a definitely a good stroller. After I got home and started thinking about what I really wanted, I realized that I wanted the reversible seat option so I returned the Valco for the Boogie and I don't regret my decision.

I purchased a lighter weight stroller for the car since the Zoopers don't fold that compactly but that probably won't be an issue for you.

The reversible seat is what sold me.

Katra1
09-26-2006, 02:52 PM
I own a boogie (from before they downgraded their features), and have owned a valco. I much preferred the boogie, and really wish they had a similar doubles version. Loved the rear facing, loved the basket, loved the handling - I dealt with the weight. This time around I need a double, so I am considering a Valco again, but only because I can't find what I want in an AT double.