PDA

View Full Version : Chicco Keyfit compatible with Combi Flash (or Strolee Streak) carriers?

mamita
09-26-2006, 03:02 PM
I have already bought a Chicco Keyfit infant car seat, and a 2005 1/2 Zippy stroller for my baby due in November. The Zippy will be our primary stroller, but since we will probably travel (by air) several times with baby during the winter, I'm considering getting a car seat carrier to make my life easier at the airport. I'm looking for an inexpensive carrier that folds small (ideally -- one that could fit on the overhead bin).

Are the Keyfit and Combi Flash / Strolee Streak compatible? If not, which carrier would you recommend for my needs? Thanks!

nfowife
09-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Not sure, but I do have the flash and would be happy to bring it to BRU the next time I go and try it out for you! Maybe next Thursday-ish if you can wait that long. I love my combi flash, the fold is so tiny it is great for travelling.

mamita
09-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Yes, that would be great. Thanks a lot!

mariza
09-27-2006, 10:52 AM
I can't comment on the Chicco either, but had to chime in that I love my Combi Strolee Streak! I originally used it with a borrowed Snugride and recently found a great deal on a Graco Safe Seat. It works with both, I can't imagine it wouldn't work with the Chicco.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

Madelyn
10-02-2006, 05:28 PM
I have the 2006 Peg Perego SIP seat and I originally purchased the Combi Streak thinking that since the on-line instructions for the Streak (removing parts) to accomodate the Cosco Eddie Bauer and the Evenflo Discovery and the Flash EX had the same instructions to remove 2 parts to accomodate the Cosco, Evenflo and the Peg Perego. I was hoping that the Streak would work with the Peg Perego (even though it was not specifically mentioned) but once I got the Streak, the Streak did not hold the Flash securely. It looks like the support brackets for the Flash EX were re-designed. I do not think the Streak or earlier Flash models work with the Peg Perego, so it is possible that even if the Streak or Flash do not work well, the Flash EX (current model) will.