PDA

View Full Version : Stroller Fever! (X-posted in the Oh Canada Forum)

Piglet
09-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Okay, I am having withdrawal symptoms... I haven't gotten a new stroller in over a year (yes, I realize that isn't a horribly long time, but for a recovering stroller-a-holic it seems like eternity!).

I have no idea what is available that wasn't available last time I looked. My current line-up...

1) Maclaren Twin Traveller - we bought it for travel (as the name implies, LOL) but hardly used it given the age spread of DS1 and DS2. It will likely get used more with DC3.

2) Quinny Zapp - the most underutilized of the bunch. I still can't get the fold figured out quickly so it doesn't work too well for quick trips and it lacks a lot of things that I like (i.e. basket) and is tippy so not much use for the mall.

3) Bebecar Unibig - this is the most used and abused and most loved of the bunch. My first good stroller. I love it! It is getting a bit beat up because we take it to the mall, the zoo, etc.

4) Kelty Joyrider 20" - this one is used for hikes, walks in the snow - my SUV stroller.

5) Maclaren Concorde - I lurrrvvveee this stroller, but its days are numbered as the brakes tend to engage at random. I would give anything to replace it or at least track down a second set of skins to make my Twin Traveller into a gorgeous Citrus Plaid frankenstroller.

6) Bebecar (the name escapes me) - it is a pram style stroller with turning wheels. Same great quality as the Unibig but bigger and beefier. The seat reverses so I can take a baby for a walk and actually get some face time. Very plush, but underutilised now that DS2 prefers to face away. Will get more use with a baby.

So there it is... I am not lacking much, LOL. I have the Zapp and Unibig for indoor stuff; the Kelty and other Bebecar for outdoor stuff and the Twin Traveller for a double. I don't need anything else and DS2 will want out sooner rather than later (he is a go, go, go kid unlike DS1). I might be game for selling off a couple and buying something else (pondering the Phil and Ted's E3).

What is fun, functional or on sale (and preferably available in Canada) that I should look into?

Thanks,

Nooknookmom
09-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Hi there!

Have you read Strollerqueen's 2007 reviews? I'd for sure wait until after January. Mac has some cool new buggies! Peg & Inglesina have revamped as well. There are a bunch of new lines out too. Check it out!!!