PDA

View Full Version : all terain stroller with reversible seat & bassinet?

nicklaz
09-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Is there such a stroller out there and if there is does it weigh less than 20lbs? I may be asking for too much but I thought I would try my luck.

skohng
09-26-2006, 11:39 PM
hm, the only thing that comes to mind is bugaboo.

but i hope you get other answers, b/c this is exactly what i'm looking for, too!

selena

MNmomtobe
09-26-2006, 11:42 PM
The ones that come to mind though not with all the features you're looking for are:

Zooper Boogie which is a 3 wheel stroller with air tires with reversible seat but is heavy. Maybe about 26 lbs? Seat can lie flat though it doesn't have a bassinet.

Rock Star Baby which has a reversible seat unit and bassinet. Has four wheels with two being air tires. I believe it is about 24 lbs.

Bugaboo has the reversible handle and seat with a bassinet. Four wheels with two being air tires. I think it is under 20 lbs.

nicklaz
09-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Didn't know the Rock Star is considered all terain. What's the manufacturer's website?

Are all the bugaboo's all terain? Don't really want to spend that much on a stroller but I guess there may not be many alternatives.

MNmomtobe
09-27-2006, 09:43 PM
I think the all-terrains typically have all air tires but the RSB and Bugaboos have two that make it easier on more uneven terrain. As I mentioned in my previous post, I didn't think the three I mentioned truly fit all your criteria for all-terrain, light-weight, reversible seat, and bassinet. I just mentioned the ones that came to mind that came close.

If you are looking for an all-terrain for jogging (which wouldn't be appropriate for a newborn) than I would look at the three wheel air tire strollers with wheels larger than 12 inches in diameter.

Katra1
09-28-2006, 02:45 PM
I have the zooper boogie and love it. It's a little heavier though,but that didn't bother me. It has a huge basket, reversible seat and adjustible handle. I bought mine before they made the new classifications, and it came fully loaded with a bunch of extras.

strollerqueen
09-30-2006, 12:15 AM
If you can wait, almost EVERYONE is doing that for 2007! In the meantime, your lightest alternatives would be the Micralite, (although the small front swivels are by no means A/T) or the Easy Walker.