PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Espresso or ???

bensmom243
09-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am in the market for a new stroller. DS is only 6 weeks old, so I have some time, but it is always fun to shop and look. We currently have a P3 (a few years old, I would love a new one, but can't justify it), a 2006 Techno XT, and a Maclaren Easy Traveller for the infant seat.

I would love a light stroller for the baby that I can use for errands and the YMCA etc... When he is at least 1, I will get a Maclaren Quest, but for now I would like something that will sit more upright and has a bar. Is the Espresso nice or is it like the Aria? I like the idea of the Aria, but whenever I have played with it, I just don't love it. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jill

nfowife
09-28-2006, 01:55 PM
The espresso does not sit totally upright, it's most upright position is slightly reclined, and some kids aren't too keen on that.
I would stick with the techno until you can move to the quest at 1. The techno is actually pretty streamlined if you take out some of the extra padding, inserts, etc. You can also get a quest and use that starting at 6 months.

clc053103
09-29-2006, 02:11 PM
I agree, I had the Espresso and it just didn't go upright enough, it also had a short seat or something so it seemed DS always was sliding out of it. Also nowhere for their feet so DS's legs just dangled. But it did push WORLDS better than the Aria, the 2006 has a great hood, and I thought it was too cute with the boot on! Also easy to fold and open (book fold) and easy in and out of the car.

bensmom243
09-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Thank you both for your replies, I didn't think that it would suit my needs, but I thought I would ask. I do really like my Techno and the baby seems to like it as well, maybe I will just buy the Quest sooner than I thought for a light in and out of the car stroller (esp. after he outgrows the infant seat).

Thanks!