PDA

View Full Version : Twins and Phil & Ted's e3 double

gmvh
10-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Anyone doing it? My two are two so the lack of a reclining seat isn't a huge concern. We've used an MBUD since they were four months old and it's been great but I want a smaller car and it just won't fit. A new friend has an e3 and I love the look of it and she says her boys (not twins) actually prefer the back seat. Would this be a crazy stupid move to make? We have some friends who are having twins who we could probably sell our MBUD to since my husband would have a fit if I spent the money on an equally expensive new stroller this late in the game. Thoughts? Thanks!!!

hardysmom
10-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I did it when my girls were about 1 until they were almost 2... Like you, I exclusively used an MBUD until I got it. After the novelty of the E3 wore off, I found I usually grabbed the MB.

The biggest advantage of the E3 was its narrowness and weight. It steered well, though the MBUD is better.

On the downside, there is a total lack of storage when 2 are riding. I found it impossible to get the rear riding toddler not to mess with items in the footwell.

My girls were wheel grabbers (before the guards came out) which was an issue.

We also had trouble because the kids would try to climb on it when no one was on-board and it was constantly falling over backwards. Also, the rear rider MUST be removed first or the stroller will tip over backwards. This was a problem when I had a dirty diaper (or whatever) on the front rider and had to get both out.

After the MBUD, I think my girls liked being SBS, though at 2.5 it is difficult to get them to ride without fussing at all...

I don't think it is an inappropriate stroller for twins once both are sitting up. Like any stroller, there are just pros and cons...

Stephanie

gmvh
10-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the thoughts. It sounds like I should just suck up not liking my car for awhile longer and keep my MBUD. I think I also just get antsy to have a new toy every now and again and this looked like the perfect way to get a new stroller AND a new car... I can dream, can't I? Thanks again!