PDA

View Full Version : An 18 month old and preggers with twins!! Stroller help!!

Blue Ginger
10-02-2006, 10:32 AM
I have an 18 month old and currently preggers with twins. When they are born, Jack will be 23 months. I really don't want to buy a triple stroller (way too big), but I also want to be able to go for a walk with all three without the help of someone else.

Does anyone have any ideas?

hardysmom
10-02-2006, 05:51 PM
OK... I posted a long answer with links, but is mysteriously disappeared.

Anyway, to summerize, I like the ABC double with a toddlerseat better than the Valco, though it does have a couple of disadvantages. Particularly, the fold is VERY long which can be an issue unless you drive a VERY big SUV or van. The folded size (though the wheels are easily removed) is the biggest deal-breaker for most people. Also, it is more expensive and usually has to be purchased sight-unseen. I, and many others, can vouch for the quality, but still....

It has a lot of bells and whistles. I use an ABC single with my 2.5 yr old twins and really, really wish I bought the double when they were born and DS was 2. At the time, I was skeptical about toddlerseats so I went with a triple (Inglesina Trio) off of tripletconnection.com (a great resource, btw). A double w/ a 3rd seat would have been a much better option since most trips don't do too well in indoor settings.

I hightly recommend starting with a Snap N Go double.

Stephanie

Melanie
10-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Wow. Congratulations.

I was going to suggest looking at the Valco Double with Toddler Seat. Though at 23 months he still might need to nap in the stroller, right? Of course you could always bring along a sling to sling one of your babies if your 23 mo needs a full seat for napping. A napping newborn is much easier to carry than a cranky-needs-a-nap 2 yo. =)

connor_mommy
10-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Wow! Congrats!

I just happened on the joovy website and saw this...

http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_bigcaboose.php

Blue Ginger
10-06-2006, 02:11 PM
>Wow! Congrats!
>
>I just happened on the joovy website and saw this...
>
>http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_bigcaboose.php

WOW....this is awesome...I'm definitely going to look into this option.