PDA

View Full Version : Valco Buggster

TwinsItIs
10-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Does anyone actually have the Buggster already? I would love to hear about it from someone who actually owns it.

dscollier3
10-03-2006, 11:02 AM
There are a few people on StrollerSwap who have the Buggster already. FYI,
Sharon

strollerqueen
10-04-2006, 03:51 AM
I just got one, and took it on it's maiden run to the Octoberfair at our church. It really did great. It is very maneuverable in crowds, and doesn't feel too big. The basket held quite a bit. It was raining, so we had it stuffed with umbrellas and coats; my purse, a camera bag, and another bag with water bottles and juice boxes. Add to that later, stuffed bears and King Kong that the kids won, balloon animals, cookies for DH, etc. I had a Carry You Milan on the back for drinks. And in the net bag went the goldfish that DD won, lol! I had several kids with me, and by the end of the day, they were all fighting to ride in it! Each one fit, too, because the seat is nice and roomy. I am going to take pics and review it, I just haven't had the time to do so yet. I got the red, and black is in stores now, too. I have pics of the lime one on my 2007 Review, which is coming out shortly. I think orange is in production, too.

rupptopia
10-05-2006, 04:28 PM
I have a red buggster & have been using it for about a month now. I just got the replacement straps a few days ago & haven't had a chance to put them on yet, doesn't look too difficult though.

I am a Valco fan as we also have the Runabout which we love.

I really like the buggster. I bought it to use instead of an Inglesina Espresso for quick trips and the mall. DS jsut turned 2 and is 37.5 inches tall and 32 lbs. DS likes to lean out over the napper bar so as he got heavier the Espresso got kinda hard to push. (Wonderful when he was little though.) We didn't get a Mac b/c of the lack of a napper bar and the tippy factor.

The buggster turns very easily and is not tippy at all. I like to hang purses & shopping bags off the back of strollers and even though it looks like it may tip it doesn't. I don't worry as DS climbing in & out. I thought I would miss air tires on a 3 wheeler but I don't, it even rolls over grass OK. It is not heavy, in & out of the trunk is fine.

The basket is very big. The seat is super wide, we even had both DS & his smaller cousin in there side by side! Probably well over the weight limit when we did that but it still pushed fine. The canopy is tall , DS has lots of room. (This is something of an issue with the Runabout as he doesn't have much room left there.)

The not so good: The whole strap thing is/was a big pain and I'm sure it won't look perfect when I attach them. The fold is a three step and two handed process. Not easy (like the Espresso) but not too terrible either. The latch that keeps it folded is only on one side so it pops open a bit on the other when you lift it up into the car. Also - I think the red removable seat part doesn't perfectly match the red of the rest of the stroller. I think it is just the different weaves of the fabic though, no one else has notices so maybe I'm crazy! Have to look at a pic to see what I am talking about I guess. (What do you think Strollerqueen?)

Overall, I really like the buggster & would purchase it again - just in black next time. I get great comments about it when we are out and about. DS loves to ride in it which is wonderful.

HTH! I tried to attach pic but couldn't this afternoon, I'll try again later.

strollerqueen
10-06-2006, 02:43 AM
I think you are 100% correct! I noticed that, too! It bothered my DS so much, he demanded I remove it, lol! In fact, that is EXACTLY what he said. "Remove that seat pad. It does NOT match!" (And so there I am bending down in the rain, fiddling to get the straps through...) Imperious little prince!

TwinsItIs
10-06-2006, 03:17 AM
I have the runabout as well and LOVE it. But I need a travelling stroller. Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else? I think I will go with the Buggster, but would love to hear some more information.

luvmypeanut
10-06-2006, 12:21 PM
I've heard from someone who has one that it steers better than the Quest and is less tippy.

Has anyone compared it to the Buzz? I have one and don't like it. Had DD in it last winter and felt it was tippy, maybe because of the single small wheel in the front. I'm hoping this is an improved version. Does anyone know what the wheel size is on the Buggster?

rupptopia
10-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Your son noticed the color was off?! That is hysterical! Well I'm glad it is not just me :)

Joolsplus2
10-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Oh good to hear! I've been craving a Strawberry Fleur Mod Quest, but also like to have strollers that are waaaay different from everyone here in blue graco land... so this might be right up my alley... wish the Zapp would get here so I could compare them....

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

strollerqueen
10-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Oh yes. He does the same thing when my DH tries to get him dressed in the morning. DADDY, THIS DOESN'T MATCH! Now he dresses himself, and does a much better job matching than DH ever did, lol!

TwinsItIs
10-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Why doesn't a single site have a picture of the boot that comes with the carriage? I want to see it before I buy it.

Saccade
12-04-2006, 12:58 PM
We just got it as our vacation stroller. We love it also. A few additional notes: it's BRIGHT orange (like traffic fluorescent orange, not pumpkin). The strap issue has been resolved on the new ones (including all of the orange ones). Got it from Kiwi-Kid with no problems.

ET add website http://www.kiwi-kid.com/

[FONT COLOR="#006600"]Come get wild and wooly with us!
http://s14.invisionfree.com/BBB_Knitters/index.php?act=idx[FONT]

strollerqueen
12-04-2006, 02:14 PM
I have several pictures of it, including with the boot on. Go to:

www.strollerqueen.com

and look under "NewNewNew."