PDA

View Full Version : Need a second umbrella stroller for heavy 3 yr old

luvmypeanut
10-04-2006, 11:01 PM
DD is 41" and 42 lbs. I think the Macs are the only ones with a high enough weight limit. It's 19" wide though, are there any umbrella strollers that are wider? If I got the Quest, would it be easier to steer since she's so heavy? I don't mind buying another Techno but I'll go with whichever is easier to push.

skipspin
10-05-2006, 12:34 PM
I don't recall the exact weight limit or width, but my Zooper seems a few inches wider than my friend's Mac. My DD is 33 lb, and it's still great to push, even adding a small soft cooler of water and a big bag on the back. I think the Twist is the new version of my Rhumba?

luvmypeanut
10-05-2006, 10:37 PM
I checked the weight limit and it is 45 lbs so I wouldn't be able to get a lot of use out of it but it sounds great otherwise. Wish I had seen it sooner. I'm not thrilled with my Techno but it does the job well. I think my best bet would be a Mac or the Valco Buggster.

Thanks!

strollerqueen
10-06-2006, 02:35 AM
Maclaren is coming out with a bigger Techno for 2007. It is called the "XLR", (Extra large?) and will hold a child up to 65 pounds! Massive for an umbrella stroller! I have pics of it on my 2007 Review.

luvmypeanut
10-06-2006, 12:17 PM
When I saw that I was so excited, but it will have to wait as I need one now for a trip to Disneyland in a few weeks. Thanks!

strollerqueen
10-06-2006, 08:01 PM
You know, I also really like the Zapp for bigger kids. I just bought an orange one for Halloween, lol! The only thing is, there is no recline. So if your child is a napper, that wouldn't work.

luvmypeanut
10-10-2006, 08:45 PM
She still naps on long outings. I bit the bullet and ordered the buggster. If it's good enough for Strollerqueen.... :P

strollerqueen
10-11-2006, 12:21 AM
I do hope you like it! It has been working out very well for us. Defintely suited for a larger child, very easy to push, and has all those cool add-ons! :)

luvmypeanut
10-11-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm very excited to try it out! Jo at Let's Go Strolling is awesome and put it in the mail for me the next day. The only problem I foresee is DD and DS fighting to ride in it. If DS takes a liking to the sleek new buggster, he might boycott the Techno!